2-1/2 cups milk

1/2 tsp celery salt

1 tsp Dijon mustard

1-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese

1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

2 tbsp pine nuts

salt

freshly ground black pepper

Bring a pan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook according to the package instructions.

Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan. Add the mushrooms and thyme, cover and cook over a gentle heat for 2 - 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and draw from the heat, add the bouillon cube and stir continuously until evenly blended. Add the milk a little at a time, stirring after each addition. Add the celery salt, mustard and cheddar cheese and season. stir and simmer briefly for 1 - 2 minutes.

Preheat a moderate broiler. Drain the macaroni well, toss into the sauce and turn out into four individual dishes or one large flameproof gratin dish. Scatter with grated parmesan cheese and pine nuts, then broil until brown and bubbly.

that looks yummi! so far my favorite way to eat KD is

2 boxes of KD

2 cups brocoli (i always have frozen on hand)

2 table spoons flax seeds

red kidney beans (canned or pre cooked, i use canned)

1 cup grated cheese (i use old cheddar)

cook the macaroni as usual, i put the brocoli in the water with the pasta so it thaws while the pasta cooks. once cooked drain and mix the KD cheese packets as usual with milk and butter, add cheese stir it in untill it is melted, and add kidney beans and flax seeds serve.

Archived