MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

News from England 1

Deblyn

There was a small earthquake in Britain this morning, around 1.30am. I have not heard what on the Richter scale yet, but it was enought o shake buildings. The police were inundated with 5,000 calls from people. It centred on the West Midlands of England and Wales. I experience one on Boxing Day of 1984/5, and it was an experience I wouldn't care to repeat. I woke up to see the wall shaking beside my bed. That was in Scotland. I realise that this is nothing compared to some parts of the world, but thought it was quite interesting anyway!

I hope everyone is ok, and that there was not much damage done by the earthquake.

We lived in the Bay area of CA. for about 2 years and while we were there, we had a small quake. It was all I wanted so was very happy when we left there and moved back to MN. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

I don't think it is just coincidence that my budgie fell off his perch and was acting very strangely when the tremor hit at 1 am this morning. I woke up at that time, and found him a bit distressed on the bottom of his cage, going round in circles. he's normally very quiet at night, but was making noises I'd never neard him make before. I thought he had had a stroke ( he's about 7-8 years old now), and didn't expect to see him alive this morning. Then when I heard the news, I realised maybe it was something to do with that. Not just a coincidence that I woke up then too, although I felt nothing from the tremor. Things like that happen to me! Glad to say that after a night in the bathroom to quieten hime down, he is back to normal and singing his heart out upstairs, bless him!

I've never experienced anything like that before, only hurricanes, but the thought of being on ground that is unstable like that is very scarey...

I'm glad you and your family is ok.

------------------

d5.jpg