MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

US Officials: Plan for BF

moonstar

My dh said just last night that the reason he thinks our government has stepped up efforts to educate people lately is because they learned through Katrina how little they really can do in a major disaster. I admire their honesty, but wish the President could address the nation on this. But that would undoubtedly create a panic stampede to grocery stores so my guess is that's why they are using other methods. Maybe they are hoping folks like us will spread the word and put pins under people's rearends!

Okay, here goes a rant! Warning: My first rant on the board.

The problem is that most people don't prepare until the last minute even if a major hurricane is headed their way. And many of them laugh at people like us.

An example: In our public school system they're showing teens a film called "Reading Between the Labels." It's about accepting homosexuality as normal and they even tell the kids to avoid telling their parents. They tell the kids to find a safe place to go to in case their parents find out and get upset. So 10 parents were asked to email their school board to complain about this film. Did they?

No. People can't even send a simple email when their children's souls are in danger, let alone do anything else.

I feel frustrated. I was thinking last night of how hard it could be quarantining my family and knowing others around us have hungry children. It makes me mad with adults who refuse to accept responsibility and grow up. My next door neighbor is in denial about China even. One day I casually mentioned something about communism and China and my neighbor said, "China? Communist? No, they're not communist!" I stared in disbelief. How do you reach out to someone who doesn't even face the fact that China is communist? Danger does not exist in some people's worlds.

She has darling children. What is a neighbor to do? I know people building add-ons to their homes and taking cruises and lots of vacations. How can I get their attention?

1 Timothy 5:8 "But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

I know some people want to do more and are swamped with other headaches, but adults are supposed to be mature enough to provide for their own children. And too many are focused elsewhere.

And I'm upset because I do not want to see anyone's children hungry or sick. But I am limited in what I can do. God designed the world so people help each other, but He also designed it with the expectation that people take care of their own children. The welfare mentality of expecting the government to take care of everyone is ruining our country. Even people building beach homes in hurricane prone areas expect their insurance companies to pay when their homes are destroyed. It is this mindset that has me most concerned.

Is this the Gerber Generation where people eat baby food their entire lives and suck on pacifiers?

I'm just frustrated because I do not want to be Noah having to hear the cries of children outside my door. I take no comfort in knowing other people will be suffering because they would not listen to the government, the Red Cross, the network news reports, the CDC - or other people in their lives. It makes me really sad.

I agree it will be hard knowing that people will be starving, but we have our own to take care of first. Not trying to be harsh or cold, but the people that are planning for this can't be expected to feed everybody that chose not to do anything so they can golf or vacation instead. avianflu.com is a very interesting website. They are going so far as to say not to talk about your prepping, so your house does not get ransacked by bad hungry people or the government looking to share your wealth.

Archived