MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Soldier's Brother

Bamboo

Yesterday at work we had lunch sponsored by a salesperson. I had never met him before, but all the others knew him quite well. He was telling us a story about a soldier's funeral that he had went to where that hate group "God Hates Fags" was protesting and how horrible it was for the family because they could hear the protest even over all the Harley's that had shown up to intercede on the family's behalf. Anyway, he went on to tell us about another soldier that was injured in the same event that the previous one had died from. This soldier is still in the hospital. He has over 70% of his body burned. He says it is excrutiating when the nurses stand him up and scrub him down to remove the dead tissue. His lungs are now failing. He has met with his entire family and basically said goodbye and that he doesn't want to live on a machine. He is only 23. His name is Matt and he is our salespersons brother.

I told our salesperson to please tell him thank you, that for what he has given up, we are truly grateful. I know it was a small gesture, but I couldn't let Matt die believing that all Christian's are as hateful as that group. He is our hero.

Please pray for him and his family.

My heart is breaking over what that brave young man is going through. He has sacrificed so much for us! and for his family too. To see their child suffer, has to be excruciating. My prayers are with him and his family, and all of our brave troops and their families.

For the life of me, I cannot understand where that congregation is coming from. How can you be showing God's love by causing so much pain for a grieving family?

• 1 month later...

Archived