MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

May 18th 2006, Thursday

Synn

Oh my goodness.. There's no rain in the forecast until Saturday evening.. This has to be a mistake.. Last night for supper I made scrambled eggs with ham, cheese, onions, greenpepper.. I also made biscuits and greenbeans ... Then I did something I have never done before.. I made meringue to put on a lemon pie! It turned out nice I was so amazed I did it right! Why hadn't I ever done this before? I don't know what I am doing for supper tonight.. I was thinking maybe some stew.. Or a shepherds pie..

I hope now that it hasn't rained in a day that I can get into the garden by Saturday morning.. SO much to do, and I am running out of time!

Last evening we finally got all the chickens in the chicken house.. And packed up the roosters into a cage for the sale this weekend.. Hopefully with more than 9 roosters my 15 hens will start to lay better now..

One more week of school for little bit! Thank goodness, I am awfully sick of it this year.. My sister thinks I am crazy.. She goes nuts when her kids are at home.. I enjoy it..

I do hope everyone is doing well.. Guess I haven't been around much lately.. Ya'll have a good day! And take care!

Hi Buttercup! Mmmmm Lemon pie, yummy!

Good luck with the sale of your roosters.

Hi everyone, today is just plain gorgeous!!! It's so warm allready and it's just after 8:00. I'm babysitting today. Great for ds to have a playmate and i get to make some extra $$ for my herbs.

Not going out till the weekend....so I will buy my herbs then.

I made pancakes, bacon and eggs for dinner last night. Tonight who knows. I will be home with the kds and outdoors alot today.

Take care.

Good afternoon everyone. I tried several times this morning to get to this board but something wasn't working right. But I'm here now.

I jumped up this morning and planted nine tomato plants and six banana pepper plants and I transplanted the snow peas that I planted from seed a few weeks ago.

I've done a load of laundry and hung it out to dry. I also checked in on the baby chicks and all nine of them are doing well.

I've got a dozen more things to do today so I'd better get going. Hope you are all having a great day.

Quote:
I transplanted the snow peas that I planted from seed a few weeks ago.

OK fill me in on this one? never heard you could do it that way? Is this the first time you have done this or do you do it that way every year?

I had planted snow peas in peat pots and they are about four inches tall. I was told that you had to have your peas planted before May 1st (here in Missouri) I planted them several weeks ago. So today I planted the peat pots into the ground. I watered them well and I'm hoping they'll be okay.

If these don't work, I'll have to wait until July to plant them again. I will probably still plant them in July cause we really like peas, especially in stir fry.

I also finally got my rose bushes planted that my mom gave me on Sunday. I kept looking for the right place to plant them. I grabbed Paul before he could settle in from work and he helped me with them.

Archived