MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Memorial Day

Bamboo

Wow, no one has posted yet, must all be out celebrating. It's been a slow, hot day around here. The last time I looked at our thermometer it was 96. That is hot for Michigan. We had a lazy start to the day today since we spent the late evening/early morning in the ER with DH. He was in the hospital last thursday and friday and wasn't feeling well last night, so back to the ER. He is doing better this morning. Been a long weekend. I got up this morning and finally got my garden planted. I don't really have a "garden" area, but I plowed up some of my yard (about 6' x 30') and planted tomatoes, beans, cukes, zucchini, summer squash, onions, and tomatillos (HappyGirl's salsa recipe is waiting). I planted cherry tomatoes in my flower bed just as if it were any other plant, and instead of flowers along the edge, I alternated a row of red lettuce, green lettuce, spinach, and cubanelle peppers. Should look interesting to the neighbors

Spider~I am so glad that your hubby is doing better.

I am so late in getting here today. We are having freinds over for a barbecue this evening and I've been slaving away in the kitchen most of the day. I keep asking myself why I do this. Oh, it will be fun when it's all done and we're enjoying a good meal.

I made deviled eggs~two dozen of them. I've got all the meat marinating. I still have to shuck the corn and get it wrapped to go on the grill. Actually, we are cooking over an open fire, it makes for good practice.

I have a house to clean tomorrow so I probably won't be on too early. I'll check in later in the day.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day. I'll be taking some time to remember our fallen heroes and praying for our current heroes.

Hi Spider, it's been hot here too. We haven't put the air conditioner in yet as we don't usually need it this early. Phew!

I'm so sorry to hear that your DH is not doing as well as hoped yet but I'm glad to hear he is feeling a bit better today. I will continue to keep him in my thoughts.

You garden sounds fun and the 'flower borders' will be unique and beautiful. Last year we turned our entire side yard into an herb garden (and a few favorite flowers). There are domestic culinary plants there but the majority of the plants are native medicinals. Actually what most people would consider WEEDS! This year it is absolutely beautiful, almost the look of an English country garden.

I hope you love your "useful" flower border as much as I love my "useful" flower garden.

I'd like to add my THANK YOU to all the service men and women and their family. We too are celebrating the true meaning of Memorial Day.

Archived