MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Flying solo for a bit

Guest Guest

DH is off to TX on a business trip for the next nine days, so I'm going to be managing everything alone. We haven't been apart this long since Max was little. I already miss him and he left just this morning! So if I'm scarce you know why.

------------------

becca.jpg

Hi Becca! I know how you feel! My husband is gone during the week and can only come home on weekends (unless he has a lot of homework to do like this weekend frown.gif ). He studies up north from here, three hours away, but the school is great and will prepare him to be a computer networking something...tells you how much I know about computers! smile.gif He won't be done for another few months, and I'm just hoping he'll be done by Christmas!

I'd encourage you to actually come here more often while he is gone if you can...or do things that you normally can't while he is home...it'll make the time feel like it's bittersweet. I just joined here recently, maybe yesterday! And you have all made me feel very welcomed...I really appreciate that!

Hang in there, Becca, and before you know it, your Hubby will be coming home to you and your family! grin.gif

Hope time flies for you!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

My dh travels, too, and is in D.C. as I write. As long as he isn't gone too much or too long, I kind of enjoy it...I get more done when he is gone! But I do miss him, too. It does seem like things tend to go wrong while he is gone, though..nothing this time, so far. I'll be praying for you. If you have many animals, it can be hard to take care of them all on your own.

My hubby goes away on business too, usually abroad, but hasn't been for a while now. I find it does our relationship good to be apart and do our own thing every once in a while. He knows there are people around me who will help out if I get really stuck, but I do manage on my own. Longest he was away was 8 weeks in Brazil in 1994, about three months after Ethan was born, but we all managed. Only thing I don't like is that he locks up all his tools in case I decide to do some woodwork or other stuff in the house. He reckons I'm not too good at things like that, so puts all the stuff away out of site! Cheek!

Becca, just come on line and read and post, then you might not miss him so much.

DH, Old Pine use to work the night shift, 3 P. M. to 11 P. M. I didn't like it at all. I am sure the evenings are the hardest for you too.

You take care and he will be home in no time at all. smile.gif

Happygirl, just where is it your DH goes to school at?

Have a great day. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Hi Ya Becca!

Just a note to say i know things will go just fine......and think.....now you can go to bed with curlers in your hair.....stop shaving your legs.....wear a flannel nightie...and snore as loud as you want...and the best part....you can stretch out in bed!!!!!!!! How's that?

(funny Lowie)

deb

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcq4dr9AXqlYY9DM

You guys are the best smile.gif I love you all so much. It really comforts me to know you're here! I know I'll be fine, I've done it before just not for a long time. Please don't think I'm staying offline because I'm sad. My note was a little too cryptic, it's more a matter of my kids let me smile.gif

Since the kids will have only one parent to supervise if I want the house to stay in one piece I better not get sucked online for long while their awake. I have two rowdy boys, and one daughter who is a tomboy wink.gif LOL. Nicholas needs more supervision too, his favorite toy is my kitchen cupboards these days smile.gif

I just wanted you all to know I might miss posts, and new posters as I will have less time to read. Didn't want anyone thinking I was ignoring them!

Happygirl- When my DH was getting his degree we had two very young children then and I often felt very overwhelmed doing it all myself. His degree is a B.S. in Computer Science, and then he took me to WSU for a year while he attempted to do his masters degree. He had evening classes several nights a week and classes during the day. That year was really tough, I knew no one and had no friends or family nearby. We made it though, and you will too!

Just wanted you to know it was so worth it, his salary allows me to be a SAHM and we aren't struggling anymore financially. I will be praying your DH finishes his degree easily and finds a fantastic job smile.gif

------------------

becca.jpg

I'm usually the one that goes away, and dh loves what I call his "Cave Man" weekends. No honey-do list, and he can hang around the house in his shorts and eat beans from a can.

Hi! This is an interesting site...I try to encourage someone, and walk away encouraged myself! Thanks for your thought and especially your prayers...I really appreciate them.

Snowmom, my DH (I'm learning the lingo! smile.gif)is studying in Duluth. It's avery intensive course, where what he is studying would usually take a couple of years to learn, but instead it takes months. They do that so that the student will be more marketable by being able to say that they learned a lot in a short period of time...he's doing good...don't mean to brag (ok, maybe I do smile.gif ), but in the last test he took (a seven hour test!) out of a possible 1050 points, he got 1030! I'm sooooo proud of him! He is a little insecure, so this is helping him a lot. The teacher even asked him if he would tutor a couple of other students that failed the test! I just hope and pray that he is able to keep this up...it's going to get harder from next week on...

He already has his A+ Certification, for which he is very proud of. And me too, even if I don't know what it means!

Again, I didn't mean to ramble on...sorry! blush.gif

Thanks so much again to all of you for your encouragement and prayers...I find myself praying for you all as well!

Hope you all have a great night and a wonderful day tomorrow!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

((((Becca)))) I understand; I've been there.

Actually I got to the point where I enjoyed "my free time". I didn't HAVE to prepare meals, I could read, go to bed early, or whatever I want when my DH traveled. My evenings were my own!

I'm always apprehensive at first, but quickly adjust. I hope you will be able to enjoy your special time alone once the kids are asleep.

------------------

shepherd.gif

Debbie Lee has the right idea....I have the perfect icon for that look you described Debbielee but I won't post it because it just might scare Ed and we don't want to tramatize him do we ladies..LOL

A couple of times a year my DH has to travel because of his job and when he is out of meetings we spend alot of time on the phone. I hate those trips and so does he because we are apart. He wants to take me with him but we have to find critter sitters before I can go. I don't want to put my babies in one of those kitty and canine hotels. I want them to stay home.

Becca Anne,

Howdy from Central Texas. Your Husband could'nt have picked a better time to come down this way. It's gonna be nice for the next few weeks (Hopefully). The weather is starting to get a little cooler and we've been real lucky with not much rain.

Our prayers are with both of y'all.

------------------

Always Seek&Follow the Light.....Wheeler

Becca, a year ago I was facing just the opposite situation, DH had worked away from home (only home on weekends) for over 20 years. I was used to doing what I wanted all week. My youngest had flew the nest about 10 years before that. It has been an interesting year. He always was my best friend, and still is. It has sure been a busy year. We finally got our kitchen done, got in the garden boxes last year, and had a terrific garden this year, small but did great.

We usually find that our worries are groundless when you truly care for and trust your partner.

Hoipe your time has been enjoyable.

Being able to strech out in bed is nice.

MiscDogrun.gif

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Thanks again everyone smile.gif Things are going fine so far. I have been calling him every night at the hotel, and he thinks he's getting a lot out of the conference which I am happy to know as it's costing us a bundle! ( His company was too cheap to pay for the full conference so 1/2 of it is coming out of our pocket)

I still feel lonely in the evenings, but I am filling my time with crocheting afghans for Christmas gifts and watching the t.v. shows I like grin.gif That's one positive to being by myself LOL.

I managed to hire our babysitter yesterday and took the opportunity of doing almost all my Christmas shopping for the kids. I also bought their b-day gifts. ALl 3 of my boys are in November. It was a big relief to get that done. I was worried with the shipping strike that the inventory will be gone way before the holidays causing shortages. One guy said they are already starting to run out of things! I plan to stock up this week on basic household stuff just in case.

------------------

becca.jpg