MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I got 13 qts of cherry pie filling

txcowgirl

Just had to post that happy thing somewhere!

I tried the Ultra Maxi Gel and so far it looks good.

Dd declared that 13 qts just wasn't enough. When I asked her if she was willing to help pit cherries she looked surprised and flatly declared , "NO!" I just laughed at her and told her that if she wasn't willing to help with them I was probably done.

We'll see what happens. She's 7 and it does get boring after awhile.

I might see if I can find some more of the sweets and just can them plain. My source has a big tree but they're now WAY up high and on sloping ground so using a ladder makes it a little scary. They're sooooo good though!

Cindy

Guest Guest

That's awesome...I think I'm gonna can my cherries today...I've been waiting for my sure jel to arrive but it isn't here yet so I might just go ahead and can them in a medium syrup...

I got a little running around to do, then I'll come back home, work on the cherries, maybe make some potatoe salad with some of the 100lbs of potatoes I bought last week, maybe a peach upside down cake from the peaches I canned last year and who knows what else...it's early yet and I have a whole day ahead of me to trash my kitchen!

Guest Guest

Well, I only canned 10 pints of cherries today...have about 70lbs of cherries to go...*rolling eyes*

Tomorrow though, I'm hoping to slam it all out....hopefully.

Guest Guest

Well, adding to our cherry thread, I got an additional 27 quarts of cherry pie filling canned today.

I still have about 20lbs of cherries left so I think I'm gonna dehydrate some and make some cherry jam, just for a little variety.

They look soooooooooooooooooo prettyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in the jars...I have so much fun doing this!

Archived