MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wednesday

Becca_Anne

Hello and good morning! I'm on my second cup of coffee and I still am not fully awake. I've been up since 5:45 and enjoying the quiet. Dh just left for work, has to drive an hour to the main office for a meeting. A friend is dropping off her two boys later this morning so she can go on a couple of errands. I'll be

Take care and have a great day!

Guest Guest

Necie, moving is the pits. Last year, we packed up a 3000-sq foot farmhouse with attic & basement, along with a 14x28 screen porch, a double-car garage (with storage in rafters) and 2 carports, along with all the livestock, kennels, & doggies. We burned at least 4 pickup loads of *stuff*, rented 2 of the biggest U-Hauls they had, took multiple loads in the Blazer, utility trailer, both pickup trucks, the car trailer, and the neighbor's pickup also. I gave away tons of furniture and more.. It took hubby weeks to build fencing for the livestock, coops for the birds, and new kennel fencing for the dogs before the move.

We moved our stuff into a 12x65 mobile home and the garage/shop building. Lots of stuff still in boxes in the shop after being here a whole year - but much of it will have to stay there until after the house is built.

I do *NOT* envy you your move. We will have to move our stuff one more time after the house is built - but then we can move it a little bit at a time instead of all at once like last year.

Today, I have to bathe puppies - and the oldest litter needs their first puppy shots too. One of them is already sold, & his new "mommy" will pick him up on Friday.

Archived