MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Introducing Ourselves again..

Buttercup

Some of us losts our posts and some of them were stolen by others (LOL)... Would it be okay if we all came in here and re-introduced ourselves? There's a lot of newbies on here and I thought it would be a good idea! I guess I'll start..

My name is Dawn but most know me by Buttercup.. I am soon to be 35 in August! I have been married to my highschool sweetheart for nearly 17 years.. To this day he is still my best friend.. Together we have 3 children.. Kay (16) CJ (16) Jo (8)... We live on a small 10 acre farm in Central Illinois.. We raise goats, chickens, rabbits, turkeys, guineas, and of course dogs and cats.. I have a wood cookstove, a wringer washer, and a huge garden.. Someday we would love to be off the grid (maybe by the time dh retires, but I won't hold my breath)... Most folks around here call me eccentric and you know I'm alright with that.. I love learning new things.. Some of my hobbies are gardening, reading, canning, singing and of course the internet.. Homesteading to me is a lifestyle not a hobby..

I moderate the Homeschool forum.. Although I no longer homeschool my children.. I'd love to but the circumstances just aren't right for me right now.. But I still keep myself up on what's going on because I hope there will come a day when I can again.. Somedays I don't talk very much at all and then there's others where I never SHUTUP.. MrsS has been my home for over 2 years now and I can't think of a better bunch of online friends! Ya'll take care and have a great day.. Feel free to pm me anytime...

Next?

Hmmm - ok ....

My name is Sue and I'm known as SueC here. I am 48 today (Australian calander is before yours!) I am a New Zealander with a split personality as I have also become an Australian! I live in Australia and have been here for over 25 years. I have been married for 24 years and have 4 DD's - Ruth (22) lives at home and is studying for her Bachelor degree in Accounting, Elizabeth (21 in September) lives in Cairns and is doing a double degree in Psychology and Education. Esther lives at home and is a check out chick but is applying to go study fashion design and Hannah (10) lives at home!!!!! and is in Grade 5 at school. My DH is pastor of a small church here in a small country town. I am a full time student studying for a Bachelor of Accounting and I should finish in October next year.

Prepping - I am getting lots of ideas from this forum. Slowly I am getting some of the ideas integrated in our lifestyle. But I sometimes have to rethink how to get permission from my Hubby to prep. (The latest idea that seems to be working is that we save money by buying in bulk!)

My ideal dream is to buy our own home and be able to have plenty of fruit trees and vegetable gardens. At the moment it is but a dream.

Sue

Hi, I'm Jennifer, better known as Skagitgal. I live in the super wonderful Pacific Northwest. We have 8 acres, (it's a private 7 hole golf yard), so we mow a lot of lawn. I have been married to Harold for 37 years, and I'm staring down 60 in Aug. We have 3 grown children. We have set up our farm with gardens, fruit trees, water collection systems- we have gallons of rain!!! We have many preps carefully concealed, it seems strange to speak about them, I very seldom share that info. We do everything in the line of cautious, deliberate living. I'm a truck driver, & we go all 48/Canada. So if you see a red streak with a "swamp donkey bumper", wave & I'll toot the horn!!

Hi everyone, I'm Loretta, aka Jennysmama. My daughter is Jennifer (age 16), and my husband is a truck driver (for Baskin Robbins), so we have some things in common, Skagitgal. 0002.gif Steve and I have been married for going on 33 years and we're both 51. I've been homeschooling my daughter all her life; we're starting 11th grade next month!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to repent for envying you ladies all your wonderful preps and homesteads. 0008.gif We're in the suburbs and nowhere near as prepped as we'd like to be. Money's been tight due to my cancer diagnosis last year and all that it entailed, but I'm trying to find "the new normal" now and get on with my life. I know Who holds my future, though, so I know I'm gonna be okay.

It's been a pleasure getting to know all of you here at Mrs. S!

~~Loretta

Oooh, I like this. I'm Karen, formerly known as madamkitty here. I live in the deep south, where the sun fries eggs on a car hood. I've been married to my 2nd husband for 16 years and looking forward to #17 in December. I have two grown children, Alex is 22 and in the Air Force in Iraq, Jackie is 25 and gave us a granddaughter in January. We live on 3/4 of an acre in a big doublewide. We're surrounded by 483 acres owned by our former landlord. It's all trees and pasture with a homemade lake off a natural creek. My husband is also a truck driver, we drove team for the last 10 years together until my arthritis got too bad in November 05. Since I've been home alone, I realize how ill prepaired we really are. Being alone makes it hard for me to do any canning because I can't even lift my canner by myself. I started on his family tree 6 years ago. Doing it part time when we were home made it kinda rough, but so far I've gone back 6 generations. That's one person at a time, no help from the internet- his family isn't there. I'm trying to get a way to go the the nearby Morman Library to get the next generation so I can continue.

Oh, I'm 43 and a real loner. My friends were the road and my husband for so long it's hard to reconnect with old friends and family.

It's been so nice to get to know everyone at Mrs S. I feel blessed.

Karen, it's a pleasure to see another truck driver on Mrs.S. This is a great place to come and "road de- stress". We team in and out of Seattle, mainly with wide loads

Archived