MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A New Day

A new day, a new month and a new year. smile.gif

Just thought I would start a new post since it is the first day of the new year and month. smile.gif

Hope everyone had a niece evening and didn't party to much last night.

We didn't go where we had talked about to look at vans, but we did go back to the place we had been on Monday evening. We drove a van home and left Old Pine's pick up down there. smile.gif No papers have been signed yet. We got all the information about the van and will be taking the papers to the bank on Thursday. From there we will see what they say and then, the van may be ours. smile.gif

We ate at home, than about 7:30 we went to one of my nieces homes and stayed there visiting until just about 11:00. We were in bed before midnight.

Old Pine has a cold, which I think he caught by standing around Christmas Eve at the accident. I sat in the patrol car most of the time so as of yet, I don't have a cold.

Looks cloudy today. I am not sure what the weather forcast is, but hope it doesn't snow. I am NOT a snow driver and if we get the van tomorrow, I will have to drive about 30 miles or so.

Hope everyone has a great day, a great month and a great new year. smile.gif

Love ya all,

------------------

snowmom.jpg

Last night, we had the traditional steaks on the grill around 6 pm. I think we headed for bed around 10 pm. DH had elbow surgery this week, so we're sharing the bed with lots of extra pillows. It's not easy keeping his arm above his heart. grin.gif

Today was a nice formal dinner with my family. DB and I teased my mom to the point she took aim with some couch pillows. grin.gif

------------------

homest.jpg

Last night DH and I had a good (even if I do have to say so myself wink.gif) Mexican supper and then watched "The Ball" drop in NewYork. Today we will be going to my inlaws, so that will be interesting. My MIL is going to have ribs and sourcrout (sp?). Hope we all have a good day! smile.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Well, I had ribs, but not with sourcraut! grin.gif My MIL made two kinds, one with barbecue, and the other with the sourcraut. So I just stayed away from it...far-far away grin.gif. They weren't too bad, just a little dry frown.gif. We watched a movie and then came home. My SIL was also there, and that alway makes things interesting...another story, another time...*sigh*. Anyway, I'm glad it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! smile.gif

------------------

Our neighbor (about a mile away) runs a bed and breakfast. For New Years Eve she had a party for all her friends and supplied free prime rib, baked potato, salad and champagne. All of us brought extras and desserts. It was the nicest NYE party I ever went to. No one got drunk. Great conversation and food. And to think DH had to talk me into going. I was more in the mood to stay home but now I am glad we went. I was also proud of DH. He actually made it awake until midnight!! He's usually asleep well before 9 so I was surprised.

Momo, that must have been a fun evening! Sometimes the things we dread doing, end up being the most fun.

Happy, you have sister-in-law troubles? That's too bad, but good it didn't ruin the party for you.

Good morning to all of you.

Momo, sounds like you had a very good time and I am glad you did go. smile.gif

Happygirl, I hope things can work out with you and your SIL.

Homey, steaks on the grill, sounds soooo good. smile.gif

Mary, you did good with your check. smile.gif Now, see what you do in another month. smile.gif

Deb, yes, we found a van, we and the bank now won a different van. smile.gif As soon as I can, I will put pictures of it on 'Cat's' site. I really must learn how to do all of these different things. smile.gif

It is a cloudy day here today, it is about 18 degrees out.

Yesterday turned out just great. The sun was nice and warm. I think it had to have gotten up to the high 30's or into the 40's.

Love ya all,

------------------

snowmom.jpg

Mmmm...sister-in-law...yes, troubles. I'll tell you a little bit about it, trying not to make it too long. grin.gif

She is older than my DH and I. She gave him a really hard time while they were growng up, and now I see why. She is very selfish...As many of you know, my DH were separated for a while due to his mental illness and how it affected our marriage. We almost got divorced. But, God is good, and we are still together, better than ever. Well, I went to MX for a while, and when I returned, my SIL moved out of my in-laws so my DH and I could stay there while we got back on our feet. She stayed at somebody's duplex, and I think resented me for it. My inlaws have two extra bedrooms in their home now that their kids have grown up. One is a guest room, where my SIL stayed and then where we stayed, and the other small one she used as an office (and wanted to continue to do that, even after she moved out) and we wanted to use as a room for our DD. Needless to say, this created conflict, especially since my MIL moved some of her stuff out of the room so I could have space for the crib and my DD clothes and stuff like that. My SIL was very "hurt" and angry at me because of that. I would have been ok putting my DD somewhere else, but the only other place was the basement...and in MN winters, it's not a good idea (aside from the fact that she was only one at the time!). So, one day, while trying to firgure out where to put my DD's stuff, I discovered two drawers full of videos. My SIL's. So I asked my MIL if I could put them in the basement and put my DD's clothes in the drawers. She said that that would be fine. So I did. Well, when my SIL found out, I got the brunt of her anger. She was very upset at me and said a lot of things to me that, frankly, I don't think she should say to anyone. Needless to say I was very hurt. I ran to my DH for protection, and he delt with her the rest of the time she ws there that day. She left crying, she was so upset. I stayed crying. I'm not the kind of person that holds grudges real well, or even the kind that gets upset too easily...but this has affected me in a very real way. My MIL asked that there be a "truce" (sp?) between us because of Christmas, so everything was just kind of glazed over and never delt with. This was a year ago. If I ever mention anything to my inlaws about it, I always turn out to be the bad guy, saying that she was just under stress, or that she was very sentimental, or that I just made a big deal out of it, or whatever they can think of that time. So...since that was not the first time it happened, I have resorted to being polite with her, but not seeking a friendship like I used to. I do not want to get hurt again. So, I talk about the weather and about her job (maybe), but never anything too sticky...don't want to get yelled at again! She has now moved out of the duplex and into an apartment, but I think still resents me for having to move out of her parents house. My MIL can't go out with me without inviting her, for fear of "hurting" her. So, I don't go out with my MIL too much.

So, that's just one of the issues I have with my SIL. Do you all think I'm wrong? I feel as though I'm protecting myself by not being "friends" with her...am I wrong? My DH is not friends with her either, but because of his own experiences with her, not because of mine, although he always takes my side, like a good DH smile.gif

So, I'm interested in your opinions... smile.gif Thanks!

------------------

Happygirl you are handling things the same way I would. Be pleasant but avoid anything that could cause another tantrum. I would probably (without being obvious) be sure to not be alone with her. That way if anything is "said" there will always be witnesses. Maybe someday this will blow over and things will be more normal. It sure helps that DH didn't leave you out to hang..He sounds like a keeper.

happygirl, don't worry about not getting to be "best buddies" with your SIL.

I had the same kind of situation with my brother's wife. She can be a real sweetheart, but there were a couple of times she went "mean" on the telephone (no witnesses) without any provocation. Just came out of the blue. frown.gif

They had some problems early on in their relationship, before they married, and I don't hold that against her. That was then, under different circumstances.

I still don't understand what happened. She tends to be really emotional, and she may have had something to drink at that time.

But I won't hold my heart out to be hurt again *now*, after things should be better.

Friendly, but not close. frown.gif

------------------

cat.jpg

Good morning everyone.

You are doing just right Happygirl. Be nice but not over extend yourself. Like Momo said. smile.gif

We don't mind long posts, do we. I know I've made a few longer than yours.

I see we are getting some snow this morning.

Hope you all have a great day. smile.gif

Love ya all,

------------------

snowmom.jpg

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate your support...I think you are all right... grin.gif

Momo, I try not to be alone with her like you said. It's awqward when either of us is talking because the other doesn't want to look at the one who is talking...in my case it might be that "I looked at her wrong" or something. And yet, if I don't look at her enough, "I'm ignoring her"! ARGH! frown.gif I wish things weren't so strained. And it does't help that we have opposite views on almost everything...oh, well...thanks for "listening"! wink.gif

------------------

Hey Happy girl, that wasn't so long.... I agree with the way you handling the situation.... always polite, friendly to only a point.....don't trust to much, she sounds like she could blow up in your face and you would end up getting hurt again.

I had a situation like that with my SIL (ex now). Even with her parents as witnesses I always came out looking like the bad guy.

Hi everyone else.....

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif