MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

hot feet

mistylady

Does anyone here have trouble with their feet at night? Almost every night my feet get so hot after I lay down to go to sleep that they keep me awake and sometimes are very painful. They even feel hot to DH. I stick them outside the covers and it's still miserable. I'm on my feet a lot during the day chasing kids. I'm not overweight and not diabetic. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't hope anyone else does have this but I'd like to find a cure! Thanks.

I have done searches on this and am also afflicted with it as well, no cure, but I know the summer time is the only time I experince it and the only clue I have is that we release heat from our heads and our feet, so I am guessing it's an overheating problem..........mine happens at any given time, and the only solutions I have found is drink more water.............:)

I'm not glad that you have it too but I'm glad I'm not alone! I'll try drinking more water. Thank you for the idea! I don't drink the recommended 8 glasses a day. Just kidding! I love my babies!

I hope we can find a cure or at least something that makes it easier to deal with. I'm tired of hot feet!

• 1 month later...

Do you work on concrete, that can cause your feet to burn. Buy a rug if you stand in one place alot...or insoles for your shoes might help. I first burnt mine working with wet cement...that was a big mistake. Then when I worked in factories or had to do a lot of walking in the shop areas that had concrete floors, I had the same problem...those gel insoles helped me a lot. I have burning now, but I'm diabetic, so that's the problem for me.

I use the blue ice blocks you freeze for camping. Put in a plastic bag when I go to bed. Take out in the morning. I don't have to wash it off each morning that way. I put a piece of plastic under the sheet so it doesn't get the matress wet. It may take awhile to get used to the cold. I have been using this method for six or seven years. Can't live with out my ice block.

Archived