MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

No Sun Sunday

mommafitz

OK first I have to figure out HOW to have a snazafragalicious weekend!

Today we have a Sunny Sunday after a Not so Sunny Saturday. Was chilly all day. I baked 8 doz cookies, 4 loaves of bread (ate 2 with dinner, gave 1 to neighbors), cinnamon rolls and pineapple cake.

Today I'm hoping to make and freezer several batches of pancakes. I can't keep them in the house LOL.

Dinner tonight is breakfast. I had planned it for earlier in the week then ended up doing something else.

Tomorrow we are staying home, out of necessity. We still don't have a car. DH has his first day off in 2 1/2 weeks so he will need to rest anyway. We'll do bbq chicken sandwiches and hot dogs. We'll probably invite a few neighbors.

Mo7

Today looks mostly sunny so far. We got a massive thunderstorm last night thanks to hurricane/tropical storm John off Baja. We are supposed to have more through Wednesday. These storms kick up in the late afternoon.

Yesterday I painted the 'due in Nov.' GS's bedroom. Rooms with vaulted ceilings are a pain to paint! I just have the trim to finish.

I have tomorrow off, so maybe I'll get the painting all finished. DD and SIL took me out to dinner for all my hard work.

I'm really getting into my on line classes. I believe medicine is my real calling. I have to finish these and two more then I can enroll in the nursing program What a feeling of panic! I couldn't afford to go to work because gas would cost more than I make. One of the chihuahuas woke me up at that point so I never found out the ending!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a super day and low gas prices!

goatherder - that is truly a SCARY dream! Let's hope it is not a premonition.

Well, I had a really productive day yesterday. Got the beans packaged and frozen, cleared about 1/4 of the property area I am prepping to expand the food production garden into. In fact, the section cleared yesterday was probably the hardest portion to do - as it had 4 large specimen rhodie trees as well as a couple of large Ferns and brambles. Still lots to do - but I got as much as I planned on doing - done. In addition, I got all of mine and DH's laundry done yesterday. Today, I will be working on DD's laundry. I will also do my weekly bread baking later this afternoon/evening. However, the rest of the day I intend to just relax and have a day "off". We are going to take the dogs for a hike in the woods after lunch. Should be nice to get out and stretch my legs - smell the clean air - and talk with my DH and DD. It's amazing how spending time away from the distractions of computers, TV's, etc encourages you to actually "talk" to each other about a variety of things.

I have tomorrow off from work - planning to spend more time on my "property clearing" project tomorrow as a result.

Archived