MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

raeba - multi-purpose cold and flu tea question

brightblessings5

I may be wrong but thinking you might be looking for Mother as her pre-glitch post are now under raeba? Just a thought.

Either way hope someone has answer to your question, cause now I wannna know too and couldn't find the recipe.

----

Found it!

....Here’s my own recipe for a multi-purpose cold and flu tea. Our family has used it for years. I even sent some to Thailand this year because my son requested it.

1 part cut and sifted Slippery Elm Bark,

½ part each: cut and sifted Wild Cherry bark, cut and sifted marshmallow root, eucalyptus leaf (chopped or broken into small pieces), coltsfoot leaf and dried elderberries.

¼ part Elderflowers, peppermint leaf

1/8 part anise or fennel seed, chamomile flowers

Stir all herbs together well and store in an airtight container away from light. To use, steep one teaspoon of the mixture in a cup of hot water for about five to ten minutes. Sweeten if desired with honey. Drink, preferably hot but will work cold also, ½ cup several times a day or as needed. The steam from this tea makes a great inhalation therapy.

NOTE: the ingredients in this tea change from year to year depending on the herbs available to me but I always use the slippery elm, wild cherry, eucalyptus, coltsfoot and elderberries

----

from 12/13/05 post. i couldn't figure out how to bring entire link over. lots of good info there!

I'm so sorry, Bright Blessings5. I have not been on the boards for some weeks now and only just now saw your post. You have not done anything wrong. Some Slippery Elm is coarser than others. I just mix it as best I can making sure that I have a good balance in each teaspoon I use per cup. Slippery elm does come powdered but the cut and sifted is actually better as a tea.

I actually make up tea bags with preformed iron shut bags that come in strips. I just make sure that each bag contains a nice blend of all the herbs by stirring it often as I fill the bags.

Hopefully the tea has a nice taste and works well. It does for our family and the kids love it with just a little honey and sometimes some lemon.

Archived