MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

honey

Pixie

i am halfway through making my marmajam, but it calls for liquid honey. i do not have enough liquid honey, can i use creamed honey? will it make a differeence? i will check back in a few for an answer, and i have the chat wiondow open as well. however, i only have an hour before the store closes for the night.

ok, well, i cant get the chat to work. it wont let me sign in, the sign in box shows up as a black box and never properly loads. i will keep trying, to get in though.

Creamed honey is usually honey that has been heated and then whipped or beaten to add air. If you warm it you should then have liquid honey, but it might be a bit frothy.so then scoop the froth off. What you dont use you should be able to put in the fridge to cool down.

Sue

thanks. i went ahead with the creamed honey after talking to jewlzm and amishway homesteaders. at the moment, my jam is making a neat popping sound, one jar at a time as it cools on the counter.

i think i need to get a new canning rack. the one i have is far too large, and my small jam jars fall right through it. i rigged up this funny looking pie-palte full of holes on the bottom, but that just made the jars fall out on the sides where the pie-plate didnt cover. (foil pie plate)

my next venture will be pickles. that is a whole 'nother thread! lol

Archived