MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

rain rain, go away!

Pixie

so...now that the forest fires are no longer a threat, flood season has begun! the power has been flickering all day, and 200 homes 30 minute down the road have been evacuated. severl neighbourhoods here in hope have had evac warnings, and are packed and ready to move at the first sound of a warning siren. and here i sit, trying not to sink into denial about how safe i am 2 blocks from the river bank...sharing my first serious flood expirience with folks across the continent.

if we were to evacuate, where could we go with all the highways covered in mudslides? the one bridge is 4 feet underwater. (cant recall what bridge exactly) we have already been living off our preps because we have been missing days at work from being sick.

mytelus flood news update

so, tonight we will sleep cozy listening to the monkeys whistling, and the rain pounding, wondering whats going to happen. all i can say is that is is a good thing that there was such a drought over the summer, and we started floodding with low rivers. if they were at the right level, we may be on the evac list too.

this is scary.

browsin' around, i see everyone's go too much rain! how are you all doing?

i think oliver is prettty safe. i was on the phone to a friend of mine in penticton, and she had not even heard of the flooding here. oliver is about a 3 hour drive? its pretty close to penticton.

well, it is pouring rain (still) and i have to go to work. hopefully we keep power. everytime the power flickered yesterday, we had to re-light the grills and friers. i was surprised that power outs made the gas go out too. maybe it is a safety feature? well, have a dry day everyone!

Archived