MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Election Tuesday

BiscuitMaker

Went and voted fairly early. Taking care of laundry I didn't get done yesterday. Oldest ds came home yesterday afternoon with high fever and sore throat, barely has a voice now but thankfully the doctor called in prescriptions for him and the twins just in case they get it too. Neither one of them ate their lunch and one asked to take a nap Dh isn't feeling great and I have a scratchy throat and headache but I think I'm just worn out and probably have a mild case of strep. Heard that in one of the nearby towns there's strep and mono going around quite quickly. Next - the flu!

Going to our little thrift store tomorrow. They say they are full and need to make some great deals.

Other than that there's not much going on. I am making some plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas so there won't be any last minute shopping. So, pray that my kiddos are well quickly and that I can stay well too.

Talk to y'all later,

what is the election for? this is the first i have heard of it.

Election today is state elections for senators, congress reps, and local stuff like judges, clerk of courts, etc. We also had state auditor on our ballot, plus stem cell initiative, a 485% increase in tobacco taxes, some tax increases, raising Mo minimum wage, and a proposition that would take away the pensions of elected officials who are convicted of felony offenses or removed from office by impeachment or for misconduct.

Had to be in court all morning with my son, who was there for custody hearing. Both parents got 50/50. He was not happy with that, and I don't blame him - but it's a temporary order. After that, we went to vote. So, I really haven't managed to get anything accomplished around home.

Tomorrow, I have to do laundry, clean out some puppy pens, and run the vacuum cleaner. Sigh.. Hope everyone has a good evening.

thanks for the info!

Archived