MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Dehydrator advice please.

Ogre

I should be in the position to purchase my first dehydrator later this month. However, unless someone knows of a firm that ships to the UK, I can only afford a Hottop KN 128. Has anyone had any hands on experience with this model and can give me any tips or advice ?

Ogre

Ogre you might look at www.cabelas.com (huge outdoor outfitter here in USA) for the Nesco Gardenmaster, or one of the other units Cabelas sells. I think they will ship overseas. I also think they may have a live online help chat available...not sure on that though.

The gardenmaster is a very nice unit. I have had one for about 8 yrs and love it.

--Vic

Ogre, I just 'chatted' w/Cabelas online (you click their customer service link and then the chat online link). here is the text of that conversation for your benefit.

Craig C.: Hi, my name is Craig C.. How may I help you?

Vic303: Do you ship dehydrators overseas to the United Kingdom?

Craig C.: Let me take a look for you.

Vic303: Ok.

Craig C.: We can not ship the Cabela's Commercial Food Dehydrators Item:QT-515819 outside the US. We can however ship some of the smaller units due to sheer weight of the items.

URL Received: http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/in...sp?id=cat570005

Craig C.: Here is a link for our entire selection of dehydrators.

Vic303: What about a unit like the Gardenmaster 1000? (with say, 4-6 trays?

Craig C.: The Excalibur Nine-Tray Dehydrator Item:XG-514186 as an example can be shipped to the UK.

Craig C.: The Set- 51-0825 Gardenmaster Dehydrator can be shipped to the UK.

Vic303: Excellent, I will let him know. He can 'chat' with a rep if he has more specific questions on a particular unit. thanks for your help!

Archived