MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sloshy Sunday

mommafitz

Our rhodies and azaleas are pretty hardy. Wish we could bottle some of the cold for the hot days of summer. When I used to do a long bus commute to work, I'd think "snow" on the hot days and "hot sun" in the cold days.

Well I'm finally back. I think the last time I had posted I was leaving my job where I was commuting almost 2 hours each way. I was off work for almost 2 months and used up almost everything we had in our freezers and pantry. The end of October I received a phone call from a family friend offering me a job as a Case manager with her counseling office. She offered me a good wage and I get to work when I want to work and she totally presses the fact that family has to come first. So, the first week in November I went through training and now how a Mental Health Para-professional certificate. And now we are starting to get back on track with our prepping. For Christmas I received a hot water canner, some jars, and 2 weeks off to clean my house. Step-son wanted a survival kit so we got him lots of stuff for his BOB and put it in a Mossy Oak large fanny pack. DH also got a fanny pack. We have cleaned and tried to reduce junk in the house as much as possible.

As for today, I have cleaned the living room, kitchen, and office. I've still got to finish the laundry and need to finish up the rest of my paperwork and need to see if I can get my Financial Aide stuff finished so I can register for classes on Tuesday. I'm planning on taking 6 hours so things will be busy again, but we shall see how it goes.

OK, now I've written a book. Hope everyone has a great safe and somewhat dry weekend and upcoming week.

Jerusha

Archived