MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Ringworm

LikestoCook

I wonder if anyone out there has any natural remedies for ringworm. I seem to have it popping up on my hands(tops)and in a couple places around my lips. I've been trying some antifungal creams and they have reduced some of the redness but that seems to be all. My immune system doesn't work real well due to oral chemo drugs I take for CML.Lots of stuff makes me queasy. Thanks--Kathy

Maybe this will help?

Alternative treatment

The fungal infection ringworm can be treated with homeopathic remedies. Among the homeopathic remedies recommended are:

sepia for brown, scaly patches

tellurium for prominent, well-defined, reddish sores

graphites for thick scales or heavy discharge

sulphur for excessive itching.

Topical applications of antifungal herbs and essential oils also can help resolve ringworm. Tea tree oil (Melaleuca spp.), thuja (Thuja occidentalis), and lavender (Lavandula officinalis) are the most common. Two drops of essential oil in 1/4 oz of carrier oil is the dose recommended for topical application. Essential oils should not be applied to the skin undiluted. Botanical medicine can be taken internally to enhance the body's immune response. A person must be susceptible to exhibit this overgrowth of fungus on the skin. Echinacea(Echinacea spp.) and astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus) are the two most common immune-enhancing herbs. A well-balanced diet, including protein, complex carbohydrates, fresh fruits and vegetables, and good quality fats, is also important in maintaining optimal immune function.

Also, if you can, bleach every surface in your home. Ringworm is pesky, and can live just about anywhere. Esp floors, as it's often brought in from contaminated dirt. If you can't use bleach, I will post some more natural cleaning stuff that is antifungal. Rosemary is great for that.

If you decide to take echinacea (I'd hesitate because of the chemo, but would need to do more research) do 3 weeks on, one week off.

Mo7

Archived