MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Heavy Duty health info

Mother

Centexan, you're sure right about trying to find quality foods that we can store for long periods of time. It's not so difficult to find things to store for six months or a year but after that it becomes tricky if we want to store organic products.

The only reason I do such intensive research into certain products is that I'm terribly allergic to chemicals of all sorts. I've learned the hard way that you can not always believe what you read. Even organic is suspect in today's world.

I believe we all do what we can with the amount of money/time/space we have and that will have to "do" as my Mom says. In a SHTF situation we'll be glad of any food no matter if it's chemically laden or not.

I try to focus on sustainable foods here. That's another reason why I like to store organic grain as it's normally a reproduceable seed. We also focus more on sustainablility here than stocking up as it's more than likely we will need to do that in a real serious or long term situation especially if it's an economic disaster. Many things we use now could be non existant and we might have to be able to live on what we can produce or get locally.

Believe it or not I even have a variety of seeds in my BOB's and in our motor home, just in case. Over kill? maybe but it sure makes me feel better. grin

Don't make prepping too hard or you won't be able to get on with it.

bighug

Archived