MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What do you use as a resource?

Bookworm

For all you incredibly knowledgeable ladies - what are your most valuable sources of information in using natural remedies?

I have checked out the book Prescription for Natural Healing. Any reviews on that or other good books I could get to keep on hand?

TIA help

I use “Prescription for Nutritional Healing“ A Practical A-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food Supplements (Paperback)

and

“Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine“, Revised Second Edition (Paperback)

by Michael Murray, Joseph Pizzorno

Both can be found at Barnes and Noble or Amazon

And of course the net.

Thanks Lois, actually the Prescription for Nutritional Healing is what I have from the library, I wrote the wrong title. We are reading it this evening 'cause dh needs to lower his cholesterol too.

Thanks

"A Modern Herbal" by Mrs. Grieve, copyright like 1920's I would have to get my book to be exact. Here it is free on line.

http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/comindx.html

the problem with this book is if you are wild crafting, there are no photos only sketches.

A Modern Herbal is filled with so much information on each plant including how much to give if being used.

You can find this book from time to time at Barnes and Nobel for $10, but most likely at Amazon.com for cheaper or even ebay.

The book is 1000 pages.

Another book I use is an 'eyewitness handbooks' "Herbs, ' the visual guide to mroe then 700 herb specied from around the workd'" byu Lesley Bremness. Published by Dorling kindersley. isbn 1-56458-496-8 this book is 300 pages with color photos, a brief but clear explaination on each herb including how to use.

these two books are what I use. There are other books with great information, color photos, how to make tinctures, dry herbs, to make lotions and etc. by other authors and they are very good.. I even have several of them, I just use these two the most.

click on the link for the free Modern Herbal on line.

• 10 months later...

Archived