MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

In grown toe nail

What has been sucessfull for you before.

Maybe I am one of the crazy ones but I usually use a knife and try and pick my way under the side of the nail, then cut down the length to weaken, then pull it out in one blunt force.

I do not like having to do this cause it's painfull and probably not the best remedy.

One person I know had the skin cut around the nail (Professionally) which doesn't sound pleasant either.

Have I got the right idea or is there something else which can work?

well . . . .

what has worked for me in the past (but takes time) is to cut a V in the middle of the nail down to where the white stops. A Doc told me that the nail will in time pull from the sides to fill the gap and that pulls the sides in? You may have to cut the V in a few times but it worked for me. And yes I did cut off the ingrown part too

good luck !

Happy Mother's Day Everyone

Michael2

he's back!

• 2 weeks later...

I get those on my big toes on both feet. The Vs work. I make one in the side rather than the top, because the ones at the 'point' pull at my socks.

I keep a "v" cut in both my big toenails.

I only had a real ingrown one once. I limped for a few months, was told to have the nail removed or get very ill. I freaked when they brought out the needle to deaden my toe and left. I'm scared of needles. I went home and grabbed the nail with a pair of modeling pliers and ripped it out of the side of my toe. Hurt really bad and I wouldn't suggest it to anyone! Take care of your toes! And keep an eye on your nail length.

Archived