MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

PBS show 1940's HOUSE

mrszouave

Here is a show like the 1900 House if anyone watched that.....looks like a fun program.............

WGBH/Channel 2

November 06, 2002 8:00pm

November 10, 2002 2:30pm

One modern family takes on the challenge of domestic life on Britain's home front in 1940s HOUSE, a re-creation of a World War II household. This time-travel experiment covers the period from the outbreak of the war in 1939 to Victory Day in 1945, compressing the events of six wartime years into two months. Though the military threat is metaphorical, the privations are real and the pressures create tensions nonexistent in modern society.

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

We had that programme here last year, and it was very good; the children thoroughly enjoyed it a s well. Lots of it will make you laugh, because it is very English in places! The mother copes very well with domestic things. When you see the litchen in the house, it will give you all some idea of my kitchen, even down to the green gingham!!

They are running Frontier House again on our local PBS station. Even though I taped it when it was first on I am watching it over on television. Watching this program sure beats watching some of the other junk thats on tv. I was ticked when CBS pulled Dr. Quinn off the air without explanation. Now the regular stations are plastered with violence and more violence. We get enough violence happening in real life and the tv shows giving us more. Who needs it!