MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Pandemic Flu Leadership Blog Open May 22-June 27, 2007

Granny

The Pandemic Flu Leadership Blog provides an opportunity to have an open conversation and shape the thinking about how to communicate the critical need for individual pandemic flu preparedness at home and within workplaces and communities.

http://blog.pandemicflu.gov/

On June 13, Michael O. Leavitt, Secretary, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is convening a leadership forum on pandemic preparedness, which brings together highly influential leaders from the business, faith, civic and health care sectors to discuss how best to help Americans become more prepared for a possible influenza pandemic. The Department is hosting this five-week blog summit to expand this conversation as part of an ongoing effort by the Department to help Americans become more prepared.

Week 1: The Need to Prepare

Week 2: My Role as a Leader

Week 3: Getting the Job Done

Week 4: Forum Results

Week 5: Making it Happen

Excerpt from one poster: janetn Says:

No Tamiflu and no PEE’s equals no work for nurses. We are not going to die because some bean counters decided it was not worth the money to protect us.

FYI forget forcing us to work we will hide run and resist.

Spent the money to protect us, if you want us on the job saving lives. Otherwise live with the fact the many more will die because of your inaction.

Nurses are even now making plans to fade away. Safe houses are being set up. We take this threat to our lives very seriously.

I am glad this is posted here. This is our chance to be heard by the HHS secretary as well as others. I have posted there already, it is very easy....

They moderate the posts to make sure there are no profanities, etc. It seems to take about an hour or so for the mods to check the posts, but they are then posted. They do not seem to be editing or rejecting posts that ask tough questions or have a tough positions, just ones that are profane or flaming.

A.

This is a VERY important place to read!!

But I'll warn you, after a short while your eyes glaze over at the comments, and you feel like going back to bed. Over and over, the comments are urging the government to get the *word* out! A hundred different ways to try and say the same thing.

I saved it to my 'puter and so I can look at it in short bits.

• 1 month later...

This blog is officially "closed" now. Meaning that you can't post there anymore, but it's all still available to read.

There's some good stuff in there!

grouphug2

Archived