MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm new! (sorta)

Becca_Anne

I have been one of the lurkers here for years. Y'all aren't new to me but I'm new to you. I have read mrssurvival since 1998 or 1999. I've seen some major transformations. This site keeps getting better and better!

I have been married for over 19 years. I homeschool our younger son, 11 yrs old. Our older son will turn 16 at the end of Feb. He attends our local high school. My husband is a local Deputy with the county Sherrif's dept.

I love to read and "attempt" to craft. I enjoy any money saving/frugal tips that get posted. That's been the theme at our house for around a year now!

Any questions just start asking away! I rarely post to any boards so if I mess up in any way, just let me know.

This new makeover is "shore purdy"!

Thanks for the welcome!

Frannie, I was born in Indiana but my parents and their families are from here. I "returned" when I was 8 yrs old. After 30 years, I feel like a native. And yes, I definitely have the southern drawl/dialect! Gee, could you tell that from the post? hehehe I love TN, too!!!!!!!!!

Born in Indiana???

Then I'll claim you, too... LOL

*WELCOME*!!

I can sure relate to the frugal/savings stuff. Our oldest is almost 18, almost graduated, looking at colleges, and I'm leaving my part-time job.

We went through a really hard time from '96-'02, and so I'm used to pinching the pennies till they *squeal*, but I sure do HATE it.

Jump right in, and have fun!

Welcome to our family, you may have been lurking but we did not know you. I for one am very happy for the oppertunity to get to know you. I would love to hear about your craft attempts and frugal, I love it! Please tell us about it, I would love to hear about your money saving tips and household shortcuts.

Hill

Hillbillee, you are absolutely right! You did not know me. I meant that I am familiar with y'all but y'all aren't familiar with me. See there? I gotta start double checking what I post so it doesn't get misunderstood from my original intentions. Bear with me guys and gals!

Hi Mommafitz!! So glad you joined in on our discussion board....musta been awfully hard to keep quiet for soooooo long!! I do believe I heard a giggle behind the roses a time or two. Happy you broke the silence He's a late bloomer but he is still home and thats a major blessing! We also have an almost 12 year old princess that has captured our hearts forever. Our beloved pets include a 9 year old golden retriever, a long haired black cat and 5 pet/show chickens. I'm an avid perennial/herb gardener when the snow and ice melts. I also enjoy crafts when I get the time between my families needs and my job as a Cinema manager. I was a work at home mom for 16 years and in recent years have entered into the workforce. I absolutely love my job, love movies and love helping others see movies. I am active in my church, especially with the women ministries.

Thats me in a nutshell....Oh! And I adore this site and its members. I sure am blessed you have decided to join our community! Looking forward to your visits!

Hello, Mommafitz! Welcome to our home (although to some extent you already were part of it...), I look forward to getting to know you! I have a toddler, and when she is old enough, I'd like to homeschool her and any others that might come!

I'd like to add my welcome too mamafitz! I lurked quite awhile before joining in too but just couldn't stand not adding my 2cents worth after while. If you enjoy reading please post down at "within these pages". I'm an avid reader and love to visit with everyone about what they've read or are reading.

I've been to TN too when the World's Fair was in Knoxville in 1982. So, it's been quite awhile ago but I do remember it was a beautiful state.

Hi Mommafitz......

I'm debbie........it's so great that you started posted!

Ya know....i could have sworn your thingie over there <---- said you were from the middle east....show's how observant i am.....good thing i read it's mid east tenn...that would be embarrasing....

So....Welcome....it's great to meet you!

Good Morning, Mommafitz -

I lurked for a long time, too, before joining in the fun here.

What kinds of crafts do you do? Maybe you have some ideas to share with us.

Welcome!

Welcome! I'm in southeastern Michigan. I was born and raised in Ann Arbor. However, I'm sooo familiar with Tennessee. My mom was born and raised in Nashville. We were always going "Down South". I love it there. You are blessed to live there. Please enjoy the sight and join in the conversations.

Hi again folks! Thanks for the wonderful welcomes.

The teenager is home today so I didn't get to use the computer much.

Becca Anne- Yes, our school year is going well. Nice and quiet with no major problems. We are members in the local Christian Home Educators Enrichment group. We meet for 10 consecutive weeks on Weds. We have a Fall semester and a Winter semster. I help by teaching a "Learning the Library" class. I am very passionate about reading and this is my way to reach out to share with others.

We've homeschooled for 3 years now....................

The crafts I dabble in include cross stitch, very basic sewing, scrapbooking, painting, dollhouses and miniatures, knitting, drawing,etc. Alas, I am a master of none. I suppose cross stitch is my best effort. I sure would like to learn to quilt. There just doesn't seem to be enough time to spend on anything.

It is very cold here,too. We've seen our coldest weather in 13 (?) years today. We are blessed with a wood stove insert so we're toasty warm.

Brrrrrrr............................