MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Area Wide Drill

blestmomof4

My community and several surrounding counties are having a drill later this month. Homeland Security and our local powers that be have decided to have a multi-county drill and have asked citizens and employers to participate. They are wanting to immunize over 70,000 people in 'drive thru' clinics set up through out southern Oklahoma.

From my local paper:

Although there is no reason to believe that pneumonic plague presents an imminent threat to American citizens, the times in which we live have heightened concern that a bioterrorism event is a reality that could someday occur. As a preparedness exercise, community members from across four southern Oklahoma counties have come together to plan for a mass immunization emergency.

A multi-county practice exercise is scheduled for June 21. The scenario requires a massive amount of logistical planning that crosses the boundaries of Carter, Jefferson, Johnston, and Love counties.

In order to measure the effectiveness of the plan, community volunteers are needed to assist with the exercise at the five test sites. Their job will be to help meet the goal of vaccinating 65,000 people in 48 hours. Test site locations include Ardmore, Healdton, Marietta, Tishomingo, and Waurika where "drive-through" mass immunization clinics will be staged to test the plan.

Organizers stress that this training exercise is just a test. No actual emergency exists at this time, but an intensive mock drill has been planned to assist all workers in assessing the level of preparedness should the plan ever be called into activation.

Hopefully this will let more people know that this threat is very real and they will better prepare themselves.

Have a Blessed Day,

B.B.

No, they are not real vaccinations and they are requiring all 'patients' to fill out 'real' information forms to paticipate. They say they need this information to track citizens in the future. I don't like the sound of that very much.

Have a Blessed Day,

B.B.

Archived