MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Almost the weekend Thursday

ArmyOfFive4God

thursday.gif

Breakfast is served!

orangejuice-1.jpgteapotandcups.jpgcoffee-graphic-1.pngBreakfastPicPSHOP-1.jpgbreakfast-1.jpg

Today I'm finishing up the preps and pantry redo, finish up laundry, clean the kitchen & do some lttle everyday stuff (make bed, swish toilet, etc).

What's on your agenda? (I prolly won't be able to start tomorrow's as I'm headed out first thing in the morning!)

Well, my son headed downstairs to go to work this morning, and then came back up saying" Uh, Mom? We have an issue!"

Water was pouring from the laundry room ceiling, which is right beneath the bathroom!!! Mr. helpful put out a bucket to catch the water, and left for work. mad I finally figured out that the screws that hold the toilet tank to the stool were rusted out, and the water was coming out through the hole. And I could not get the water shut off to turn. I finally found a big enough tool to turn the water shut-off, used my hand pump to empty the tank, and got the flood stopped. Called my landlady, and eventually the plumber came and fixed everything.

I did use this opportunity to try out my emergency camping potty. I sure hope that I don't have to use it very often, but it did work out OK.

So, that was my morning, how is everybody else?

WOW! Sorry about the leaking! We had a valve in the tank start toleak and everytime we flushed, the water would spray up, hit the lid and run down the sides of the toilet. Took us awhile to figure out it was even coming from the toilet. We have a shower stall, so thought it was from that, then we thought maybe it was an actual leak in the system, then I was cleaning one day and flushed, saw it and took the lid off, flushed and water went EVERYWHERE! LOL

Uck, toilet water, I feel for you!

This morning my Dad stopped by with some cool rocks he got in Nevada for me. He found out they glow under the black light so tonight I plan to check them out. He and a friend left on my birthday (but he stopped by t see me first!) and got back yesterday. Sounded like a cool trip, I still think he should have taken his grandkids (or not, they went to some mines, sometimes kids have no fear!)

I sold a couple more things on :ebay: On of the items started at .99 and ended at 18.76 woohoo I like when they do that, really helps with the sellers fees! grin

A couple friends came over last night and they drove home together so her truck is still here and I "get" to bring it back to her, so I think I'm going to take a little side trip and stop by the house of the "owner's" of my van and see about getting the title from the lien holders! I really want to drive and I can't as the tabs are expired! mad Who gets rid of a vehicle that can't get transferred!?!?!? NOT FUNNY!!!

That's my big plan for the day, yippee...and hoping my friend will drive me home quickly and not make me stuck up at her house long...although I'll bring a swimsuit just in case, so I can hop into her NEW hot tub if she thinks I can wait!

Hope everyone has a great day bighug

Wow guys. My day doesnt sound near as adventurous as roots...

The only thing I really had to do today is run the kids to the library for their summer reading program. Free book earned for each reading log turned in. Up to 5 free books right now and the summer has really just begun.

I do however have to take my car into the shop. It seems to like eating rear tires. Sounds like an alignment problem but I dont want to do it myself since I am not the one that messed it up. THe people who put the tires on did apparently.

I hope everyone is having a better day.

Archived