MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Lowlander here..............

lowlander

Just popping in to say hello to everyone as I fly past.........

Not sure where I left you all last time I was here; I now have bees, 2 goats, Muscovy ducks and more chickens; children still hoemeducated, but The Bean is 16 next week (where did that go, then?) and Ej is an inch taller than his dad..........

Still knitting like mad, crocheting, quilting, taken up spinning and weaving, dyeing like a mad thing; garden is doing OK - cropping well, but covered in "wild flowers" (no such thing as a weed in my garden); very lucky to have escaped the worst of the storms and floods down here, but food prices will rise very sharply from now on, so am laying in sotres and have bought wheat to grow in the garden, and oats, etc; new shed just about to go up to house non-perishable foodstuffs, equipment, etc; still got my own website, and teh forum has been going for 1 1/2 years now, so pleased with that - take a look, it's very British, and we drink an awful lot of tea.......

http://mrsl.forumsplace.com/index.html

Major plans on the horizon - I'm constantly striving for a simpler life, and have finally persuaded OH to move much much further north - Shetland Islands may be on the agenda, or Orkney - you might need to look them up on Google - or the Highlands of Scotland in an isolated cottage at teh very least........I spend a lot fo time searching out properties on the net. Should hopefully happen in the enxt 5 - 6 years.

Still reading avidly - currently devouring "Putting Food By" and "Home Cooking/More Home Cooking" at the moment, courtesy of Amazon; just bought an inkle loom from e-bay, all the way from Oregon, so looking forward to getting that warped up and having a go; still Chairman of the Village Hall Committee and Vice Chairman of the Parish Council; constantly striving for a greener, simpelr way of life, and heading towards non-electric living - got rid of the toaster and kettle! Delighted to see the reductions in the electricity bills.

Hope everyone here is keeping well - all my best wishes to you all.

I can't work out how to do the smilies, though...........

Good to see how you are going! We do miss you, you know?

I just a had a peek at your site - and have to go back to explore, there looks to be so much on there that I need more time!

Hi Lowlander!

I love your forum: http://mrsl.forumsplace.com/index.html

It's bookmarked, 'cause I can see I'll be back...again and again. So much to see and do!

I browsed through the "Creative Living Masterclasses" room, and thanks to the great step-by-step photos, I can visualize and learn new stuff quicker!

I'll be back soon to browse through all those other rooms...thanks for sharing.

--Sharon

Archived