MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Strep....oh joy.

Vic303

Ah well I AM counting my blessings this Wednesday morning. My youngest began running a fever, vomiting, and complaining of a stiff neck & headache at about 8am. My first worry was meningitis, so off to the doctor we flew.

Instead of the big bad M, it's 'only' strep. Whew! Except for the probability that I will get it too, and also the other monkeys. Sick Monkey & I shared a drink this morning before she showed symptoms, as we snuggled in bed.

Doc says treat the fever and 10 days Amox oral. Shot is no longer available...bummer, as that is the only way to ever get rid of strep in ME! Well let's hope I don't get it, but I will not be surprised if/when I do.

Why'd I put this here? 'Cause if SHTF, it's not nearly as likely to be a pandemic as what kills you , as it is the regular common illnesses, like strep, or meningitis, or pneumonia etc. Don't lose sight of the big picture folks, 'cause your fixated on the Bird Flu...

--Vic

Hope you don't get the strep. If I know someone else has it, I increase my intake of garlic, I believe it has helped on several occasions. Also, change toothbrushes for your child(ren) that have it once they near the end of their treatment as it stays in the toothbrushes.

I hadn't heard the shot is no longer available as that is what I usually get.

Dawn

Archived