MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Rotiseree Chickens

Guest Guest

I know a few ppl that have those rotiseree things for thier kitchens that you do like chickens etc in. They sometimes complain about the chicken not being done under the legs and wings yet the skin is still burnt.

I have an idea and it comes from while I was in germany. See we used to go to a lil place known as the Chicken house. There you could get a half chicken 2 pieces of bread and fries for like 5 mark 50. A great deal in those days. Anyway now ill tell you what they did before they actually roasted them there birds.

they would dropo the bird into boiling water for like 5-10 mins and then pull it out. They would either leaveit whole of half it and then bring it out to the roaster in stainless buckets. I loved watching those chickens turn and the smells were wonderful. Not to mention the chickens were ready in like 10-15 minutes.

So try experimenting with that boiling water technique.

I have one of those Ron Popeils Contraptions and I am going to have to try this Senny. I have been itching to plug it in and rotate a whole bird. By parboiling I won't have to worry about chicken parts not getting cooked all the way... Thanks for the tip...

Just talked to the step dad and he said the ronco ones do cook with out burning the skin. I think it has to do with that rotate and not cook option i dunno? Maybe Hill can talk to him more about it.