MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cilantro

Roseofsharon

Well -lots of posts on 'cilantro' on Mrs. S but none in Nature's Prescriptions.

I started a heavy metal detox yesterday and the main ingredient in it is cilantro. I looked it up in all my herb books and could not find any info. on it in them.

I am familiar with it in cooking -but not for medicinal uses. My herb shop lady says it is a great detoxfier.

Do you have any info on it?

thanks

There is more information here:

http://kitchendoctor.com/articles/cilantro.html

Clip

A researcher named Dr. Yoshiaki Omura discovered that some patients excreted more toxic metals after consuming a Chinese soup containing cilantro. Cilantro is the leafy part of a common herb whose seed, coriander, is a familiar culinary spice. In China, cilantro is called Chinese parsley, and it is used in cooking. It is also common in some Italian dishes. It is a member of the carrot family and has a distinct taste that most people either love or hate. End clip

Thank you Lois -the Kitchen Doctor site is very interesting!!!! (I am using a formula that combines other herbs with the cilantro- it is Natures Sunshine brand)

I also found this: http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/detox/cilantro.htm

Interesting. " Dr Omura found that fresh cilantro removes heavy metals from the body in less than two weeks. He also discovered that his patients had fewer colds and flu after removing the heavy metals because it seems that viruses and bacteria like to congregate in organs contaminated by heavy metals."

I will be planting some!

I've never heard that about Cilanto before. How very interesting. It's an herb I like and obviously the cooked herb works as well if a soup did it? Might have to use a bit more of it and then see how I feel. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Recipe for Cilantro Pesto (Make that "Chelation Pesto")

1 clove garlic

1/2 cup almonds, cashews, or other nuts

1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves

2 tablespoons lemon juice

6 tablespoons olive oil

Put the cilantro and olive oil in blender and process until the cilantro is chopped. Add the rest of the ingredients and process to a lumpy paste. (You may need to add a touch of hot water and scrape the sides of the blender.) You can change the consistency by altering the amount of olive oil and lemon juice, but keep the 3:1 ratio of oil to juice. (It freezes well, so you can make several batches at once.)

Hope this helps.

Archived