MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Have you heard about this???

Darlene

I was just wondering how extensive the coverage was-I got the impression that it was national news.

Snowmom-most of the time the patients weren't given enough time for a second opionion-they were literally "scared" into the operation by being told they could drop dead at any moment. Others were of the age that believed that the doctor knows best-you don't question him. Still others fell into the "hypocondriac" syndrome-like my DDDH. He had a catherization by Dr. Moon about 3 years ago.

I have joined the suit.

I saw something about this on the news, it's just terrible! How anyone could get away with this is appalling. shocked.gif A vivid reminder of why I used to mistrust Dr's so much frown.gif Same thing happens all the time to women in labor who end up with unneccary c-sections. The rate should be at about 3%, yet it's more like 20%. I hope they nail this guy to the wall!

------------------

becca.jpg

Don't know Becca. He died very suddenly and the doc figured it was either a stroke or a heart attack, but he didn't think there was a need for an autopsy because of his medical history. I guess we'll never know-I don't think ashes tell any tales. The lawyers will have to determine whether or not we can join the suit once they get the medical files and review them.