MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Anyone know how to line dance?

happygirl

I have a scene in my book that I'm working on, and I want to make sure I do it right. Anyone know how to line dance? I saw on You Tube that sometimes they even bring in some partner dances into the line dances.

Can anyone help me? Thanks! bighug HG flowersmilie

That's a good idea, Snowmom, and I've actually done it before, but really, the video was kind of lame. I'll have to find a good one, though, and then see if my library has it. Thanks for the suggestion! smile

Westbrook! I'm glad you dance. What ca n you tell me about it? darlenedance I'd appreicate any help you can give.

thanks HG flowersmilie

line dancing is group dancing. You don't dance with a partner, you just jump up and get in a line and do the steps.

there are so many different line dances and different regions have different steps or variations of steps. Each person may have their own unique little hop, step, the way they kick or do a turn perhaps.

Line dancing is great if you want to go out dancing but don't want to dance with a partner or wait for a gentleman to come ask you to dance. It gets everyone out on the floor.

a series of steps are done and then you turn, do the same series or steps and turn again until you have completed north, south, east and west. It repeats until the song is done or you walk off the dance floor.

Better known for Country Western Dancing but can be done to any song. I have done a chili cha cha line dance, a cowgirl twist line dance and others.

I am not really sure what you want to know, best advice I can give... go to a place that does line dancing, watch for awhile and then jump in!

If I'm going to have Macarena stuck in my head, you are too.

These are the two that most people between 20 & 30 would probably know best (I'm just saying between 20 & 30 because I'm smack dab in the middle - the kids older than me knew it enough to make fun of it, the kids younger then me thought it was the coolest thing ever. I don't know about the rest of the population.).

. Squoosh the people together, supply booze, and change the lighting and that's what it would look like in a club.

. This one starts when the band starts playing, so you can see how the people join in.

Archived