MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Lo Carb Recipes for Momo

1. Sweet BBQ Beef for crockpot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beef-- however much you want. I used about 2 lbs of cheap round steak

1 can diced tomatoes or tomato puree (either would work)

1 tsp ground ginger

1 tb liquid smoke

1 tb onion powder

1 tb garlic powder

1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

2 tbs some sort of fat (i used coconut oil. The meat cut I used was very lean so it needed it)

I used 1/2 tsp accent (a lot of people don't like msg. I do. i think it really brings out the flavor, but i don't use it often. but don't use it if it bothers you.)

1/8-1/4 cup granular splenda

1-2 cans water

Brown the meat in a pan (or don't. i didn't.) throw all the ingredients in the pot. stir so they're mixed. cook overnight or all day in the crockpot on low.

2. Salisbury Steak and Mushroom Gravy~4CP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a family favorite! The gravey is very simple but tasty. I usually double it so I have leftovers! It's great with Turnip whip!

*Salisbury Steak and Mushroom Gravy *

Servings: 4

1 lb. ground beef

1/2 onion, divided (1/2 finely diced, 1/2 sliced )

1 clove garlic, minced

1 egg

1/2 cup pork rind crumbs

1 Tbsp. approx. Worcestershire sauce

2 tsp. beef base or a boullion cube

1 cup water

1/2 lb. mushrooms sliced

Place ground beef in mixing bowl. Add diced onion, garlic, egg, pork rind crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well but gently. Form meat into 4 oblong patties. Set aside. Place in hot skillet to brown. While browning, boil 2 cups water, add the beef base, pour into the crockpot. When meat has browned on both sides, place into crockpot. Add sliced onion and mushrooms to skillet drippings and heat through. Add to crockpot. Cover and cook all on high for about 3 hours or LOW for 6. Gravy can be thickened with guar gum.

3. Thai Chicken ~4CP

Mellisa's Thai Chicken

16 chicken thighs or 10 breasts boneless, skinless

3/4 cup hot salsa

1/4 cup SF peanut butter

4 T. splenda

2 T. soy sauce

1 t. grated ginger root

1 Tbs Thai chili garlic paste (optional but adds great flavor)

1/4 cup chopped peanuts

2 T. chopped fresh cilantro

Place chicken in 3 1/2 to 6-quart slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients except peanuts and cilantro; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Remove chicken from cooker, using slotted spoon; place on serving platter. Remove sauce from slow cooker. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro. I served this over chopped broccoli and cauliflower.

NOTE: The hot salsa doesn't make this dish very hot but I have made it with mild before and the flavor just wasn't up there...kind of bland...so try the hot or a medium style. Yesterday I put this together kind of late so I cut the chicken into thin strips and it cooked on high for 2 1/2 hours then I turned it to low until dinner time.

In my pre LC days I would make rice cooked in coconut milk and spooned the chicken and sauce on top. It is really good by itself but the coconut rice enhances the dish. If you are cooking for non LCers try it with the coconut rice...it is awesome!

4. Florentine meatballs

*FLORENTINE MEATBALLS*

1 package frozen -- (10 oz) chopped spinach, thawed and moisture squeezed out

3 eggs

¼ cup pork rind crumbs

2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes

1/4 cup parmesan cheese -- grated salt and pepper -- to taste

1 clove garlic -- minced

1 1/2 pounds ground chuck

1 small onion -- finely minced 1 tablespoon olive oil

1/2 cup beef broth

1/2 cup red wine

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

Beat eggs and mix with pork rind crumbs, parsley, cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add meat, spinach and onion, mixing well. Shape into 1-inch balls, brown in olive oil. Remove meatballs, and in the same pan add the beef broth and wine. Boil until reduced about 1/2. Add oregano. Put meatballs in the crock pot and pour sauce over them. Cook for 2 to 4 hours on low.

I like to double the broth and wine..to get more sauce.

Pork in verde sauce

3 lbs country style ribs

8 oz green salsa canned or homemade

Cut the meat into cubes and brown over high heat with salt, pepper, cumin and oregano. I usually add spices about half way thru the browning spices so they don't burn. Crockpot the meat on high 4 hours or 6 to 8 low. The last hour add the salsa. This gives the sauce a fresher taste. Shred the cooked meat and warm meat in sauce. Serve with sour cream and guacamole.

Salsa Verde

1 lb tomatillos

green chiles hot or mild

3 green onions

large handful of cilantro

garlic to taste

salt and pepper

I like to grill all the veggies till lightly charred then puree with the cilantro. If too thick add a splash of water tho usually the tomas are plenty juicy. ENJOY

Crock Pot Beef Goulash

4 pounds Beef -- cubed

5 tablespoons Olive Oil

2 cup Mushrooms -- sliced

1 Large onion -- chopped

1 large can crushed tomatoes

1/2 cup Water

2 Bay leaf

1 teaspoon Salt

1 teaspoon Pepper

2 teaspoon Paprika

1/2 pint Dairy sour cream

Heat oil in skillet and brown meat on all sides.

Place meat in crock pot and sauté mushrooms and onion a few minutes in a skillet.

To the crock pot, add all remaining ingredients except sour cream and onions.

Pour mixture over meat and stir together.

Cook for 7-9 hours.

Crock Pot Beef And Peppers

3 to 4 lb Round steak lean

2 Green peppers sliced thin

1/2 cup onions minced

2 cup Beef broth

3 tbsp soy sauce

1/2 tsp Ground ginger

1 Garlic clove -- minced

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Cut the steak into serving size pieces. If desired you can brown the meat in a little hot oil before adding to crock pot. Place the thinly sliced pepper rings in bottom of crock pot, reserving a few to place on top of meat if desired. Arrange the meat on pepper, careful to not stack one piece directly on top of another. Mix all other ingredients and pour over meat and peppers.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for about 4 hours.

Serve with feux cauliflower potatoes.

Crock Pot Chicken Marengo

3 to 4 lb Chicken cut up.

1 c White wine dry

1/2 lb Mushrooms fresh

2 pkg Spaghetti sauce mix

1 can chopped tomatoes

Place chicken parts in crock pot. Combine spaghetti sauce mix with wine; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.

Turn control to high. Add tomatoes and mushrooms. Cover and cook on high 30-40 minutes.

CROCK POT CHICKEN PARMIGIANA

6 whole chicken breast (or 6 halves)

2 eggs

2 tsp salt

1 tsp ground black pepper

1 cup pork rind crumbs

1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated

1/2 cup butter or margarine

1 small eggplant, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch slices

1 can (10 1/2oz) low carb pizza sauce

12 slices Mozzarella cheese

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top

Cut whole chicken breasts into halves. In bowl, beat egg, salt, and pepper. Mix pork rind crumbs and Parmesan Cheese into separate bowl for dredging the meat in. Dip chicken into egg then coat with crumbs.

In large skillet, sauté chicken in butter or margarine. Arrange chicken and eggplant in crock pot with eggplant on bottom. Pour pizza sauce over chicken. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Add Mozzarella cheese 15 minutes before serving. Top with Parmesan cheese.

Crock Pot Spaghetti Squash Steamed with Peppercorns

2 cups water

1 tablespoon peppercorns -- assortment

3 pounds spaghetti squash Sauce -- your choice - (4-6 cups)

4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese -- optional

Place the water and peppercorns in an electric slow cooker.

Using a sturdy two-pronged fork or a paring knife, pierce the shell of

the squash in numerous places so it doesn't explode. Plate it in the

slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until the squash is tender, 7 to 9

hours.

Split, clean, and scoop out strands. Serve with your choice of sauce.

Southern Fried Chicken

12 pieces of Chicken (I used all thighs, there was enough to coat all pieces very well)

1/3 cup Wheat Flour (27)

¼ cup Almond Flour (2)

¼ cup Soy Flour (6)

¼ cup Wheat Bran (1)

1 tsp garlic powder (more or less as you like I love it so I use a lot) (2)

Salt to taste

Rex lard (I think it tastes the best, a lot better than Farmer Johns)

Note: (I rinse in cold water and coat the chicken one piece at a time)

Stir the Ingredients, coat the chicken and fry until done inside and golden brown. This tastes just wonderful! You wouldn't know it is low carb. (Carb count, approx 3 each) Enjoy!

Tangy Oriental Chicken

This is easy, and very tasty. My tamari has 1g per Tbsp, so the entire recipe has about 8g, if you were to consume all the pan juices.

Tangy Oriental Chicken

1/2 cup vinegar

1/2 cup tamari or soy sauce

Dash black pepper

Dash chives

3 lbs chicken parts

1. To a large skillet or dutch oven, add the vinegar, tamari, pepper, and chives. Bring mixture just to a boil.

2. Add chicken to the skillet skin-side-down. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, until chicken is tender. Turn the chicken pieces over halfway through cooking.

Shrimp & Crab Cake with Tomatillo Relish

8 oz shrimp (peeled cleaned de-veined)

6 oz Dungeness Crab meat cleaned

1 tbsp minced onion

1 tbsp minced celery

1 tbsp minced red peppers

1 tbsp minced jalapeno peppers

1 tbsp chopped cilantro

salt and pepper

1/2 tbsp parsley

1 scoop Atkins baking mix for dredging

2 tbsp oil for frying

Chop the shrimp in a food processor, until smooth consistency. Combine the mixture in a bowl with the crabmeat and minced vegetables and season to taste with sale and pepper. Divide the mixture into 8 portions and shape into patties. Dredge the patties in the Adkins baking mix and pan fry them in olive oil until golden brown.

2 patties = 2.5 carbs

Tomatillo Relish

1/2 cup water

8 oz Tomatillo canned

2 jalapeno peppers seeds removed

2 tbsp onions minced

2 garlic cloves minced

1 cup chopped cilantro

1 tbsp olive oil

1 tbsp lime juice

Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil. to the water add half of the tomatillo's, jalapenos, onions, garlic cook at low heat for 5 minutes. Let cool. Puree in blender with the other ingredients along with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp lime juice.

4 Servings @ 4.5 carbs per serving

New Orleans Style Shrimp BBQ

Not your normal BBQ but Sooooo Good!

2 pounds raw large shrimp, peeled

4 Tbs butter

2 tsp chili powder

1 1/2 tsps black pepper

1/2 tsp dried oregano

2 large garlic cloves minced

1 Tbs worcestershire sauce

1/3 cup dry white wine

3/4 tsp salt

Dash cayenne pepper(optional)

Pre heat oven to 450 degrees.

Arrange shrimp in a single layer in a baking pan. set aside.

In a sauce pan combine remaining ingredience and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over the shrimp stirring to coat and bake for 10-12 minutes until shrimp are firm and pink.

Vegetable–Beef Soup

Vegetable–Beef Soup

1 lb ground beef or turkey, or half of each

Oil, for browning

1 small can tomato sauce

14.5-oz can diced tomatoes in juice

2 Tbsp tomato paste

3 cans (use 14.5-oz can) water

1 bouillon cube

1/2 cup canned mushrooms

1-1/2 cup diced (or 1 small) zucchini

1/2 cup diced celery

1/2 cup thinly sliced onion

1 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

1/8 tsp garlic powder

In a large pot, brown the ground meat.

Add the remaining ingredients. Let the soup simmer, covered, for an hour or so.

Green beans would be a nice variation, but they have more carbs (11.8g in 1-1/2 cup).

Makes 11 cups. Entire recipe has about 70g, if I figured right.

CABBAGE SLOPPY JOES

Ready in 45 minutes or less

“Many friends think these tangy sandwiches are regular sloppy joes,” relates Darlene M. of Salem, Oregon. “The crunchy cabbage is a delicious and healthy way to stretch the number of servings.”

1 pound ground beef

1-1/2 cups finely shredded cabbage

1 medium onion, chopped (sub 1 tsp onion powder, or more to taste)

1 celery rib, chopped

1/4 cup chopped green pepper

1 cup ketchup (sub LC ketchup)

3 tablespoons brown sugar (sub Brown Sugar Twin or Splenda)

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 tablespoon white vinegar

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon prepared mustard

1 teaspoon salt

Dash pepper

8 sandwich rolls, split (sub Mela's pita bread or other LC bread, or just eat straight out of the frying pan like I did)

In a large skillet, cook the beef, cabbage, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender; drain. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll. Yield: 8 servings.

Broccoli–Tomato Quiche

10 oz frozen chopped broccoli

1 medium onion, finely chopped

2 eggs

8 oz Swiss or Jack cheese, shredded

1/2 cup cream

1/4 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

Small can whole tomatoes, drained

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch pan.

2. Cook frozen broccoli and onions in a little water until just tender. Drain well.

3. In large bowl, beat together eggs, cream, salt, and pepper. Add three-fourths of the cheese (reserve the rest).

4. Slice tomatoes carefully, reserving 5 or 6 of the best slices. Add the other tomato slices and the broccoli-onion mixture to the egg–cheese mixture. Mix ingredients gently; pour mixture into the greased pan.

5. Bake quiche for 45 minutes, until set; the top should be lightly browned. Arrange reserved tomato slices on top, and sprinkle the reserved cheese evenly over all. Return quiche to the oven for 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted.

sweet n sour meatloaf

this is great and the sauce is great on top of the cauliflower mashies I serve it with hubby and kids went nuts over it I hope you all will like it too

Meatloaf

2 pds lean grd beef

1 tsp old bay seasnoning

garlic and chili powder to taste

s&p

1/2 med red onion diced fine

2 peices of low carb bread torn into small peices(my lc bread is only 3 carbs each)

2 eggs slightly beaten

1/3 cup diced bell pepper

mix and mold into loaf pan and then make the topping

oven at 350 degrees

topping

1 small can tomatoe sauce(the one with lowest carbs)

3 pkgs splenda

1 tb brown sugar twin

2 tb mustard(reg)

2 tb apple cider vinegar

--bake for 1 1/2 hours basting a few times

in the meantime boil your cauliflower I drain it well and let it cool a bit it seems to whip up better

put the juice from the meatloaf on top of the cauliflower mashies ummmmmmmmm

I got some of these off the net.. Hope you enjoy!