MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

How are all the folks in Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, Alabama after the storms?

Nett

Just thought I would check on all of the folks here who dealt with the storms and tornados. We had rain and wind in our area of the KY but no tornados. No damage. How about the rest of you folks?? bighug

I'm in KY. wave

At 1:00 am my FIL called us and in the backgound you could

hear the sirens going off.

It was funny (not funny, funny)but when the phone rang it

was quite but as soon as he told us to head for our block

building it started raining like a hurricane!!! The wind

was terrible!! His warning was just a tad too late.

We turned on the news and the line was almost though. We

live in the northern part of the state and we have lots

of hills around us. Tornadoes don't form very well around

hills.

So...I'm here! bighug

We got it too in south Louisiana...probably different system, though.

Lightening so close it triggered my car alarm and blew out a fuse on cable TV/internet/phone. Fried the cable phone modem; they had to replace it! Surge suppressors held on TV/computer, thank goodness. Heavy rain, too, but no flooding...

We didn't get hit in our part of Alabama, but the counties north of us had high winds and many of the roads were closed due to trees down the next morning so most of the schools didn't start until 10AM or were cancelled. We have a friend who goes to Union in Jackson, TN who lost everything she had on campus including her car, but was not injured herself. She is now at home with family.

Dawn

Seems that they do usually. Grubby glad to hear you all made it through okay. I knew you were close to me. So sorry to hear about that young girl losing everything. At least she is safe. So glad to hear from so many of you that I knew were in the path of the storms. Glad to hear there was no worse damage for any of you besides a fried modem. Blessings to all and continue with the calls in to let us know you are all okay. Seems there is a couple more we should be hearing from.

Archived