MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thank you and update.

Guest Guest

DH and I have been out of work for 2 months with no income insurance like unemployment or anything else. We have been determined to do it on our own and not ask for state assistance. I have handed out over 300 resumes on us (locally and across the net) without even one lead for a job. In the line of work I am in (and DH joined me in) I am over qualified for most of the work I do and the work is given to the ones I trained instead of me.

Anyway, I had a co. call me and offer me a job the other day. Then they looked at our resume and asked if DH would be interested in working for them also! But the only way they would hire us is as a team, not separately. (DH can do everything I can do, but is still learning it all, I am still training him and he is not ready to venture out on his own yet) They insisted we must work together! The job is only part time and seasonal (seasonal will buy us about 5-6 months I figure) but pays twice the amount an hour (each) that we have worked for in the past. Plus it is working with a product we both love and was thinking about trying to buy one of this summer if we could afford to. Well as IC (independent Contract) workers for the company, we will also get a company discount if we want to buy anything. So we get paid handsomely to play with the product all summer and figure out which is the best one, and if we can afford to buy one, we will also get a discount on it if we do buy one!

We both wanted to find a way to work to support ourselves, but also free up some time for our farm, gardening ect. We are hoping to invest some time in it, in hopes of finding a way to produce a small income or at least make enough to cover the cost of the animals and their care. Plus this place needs more attention than we have had time and money to give.

Not to mention this is just one company we work for. There are about 14 different companies we work for (most of them are an assignment here and there which helps but not steady) and in the summer we will be turning down work due to lack of time and ability to do it all. We are hoping we can eventually land the attention of one of the bigger companies out there that need a good worker or team to do this stuff full time, year round. Then one or both can drop all the small jobs we have been working. Now we have the attention of one better paying Co. So we have our start we have been praying for. We both feel this new job was a match made in heaven.

We also have a lot of the companies we have been doing work for all of a sudden offering work to us and it is all at the same time, so we will have to pick and choose what we are going to do and what we will refer to others who do this same type of work, or turn down. Most of this work is a one time deal so work may slow down or stop again, but for now we will have this new job to fall back on and get us through a few more months until we hopefully can find the steady work we are looking for.

I want to thank everyone for all your thoughts and prayers you have sent our way. They have really helped us a lot. Your comments and messages you have sent us have help give us strength and courage to continue when we feared there would be no light at the end of our tunnel. Thank you all so very much! This place is truly home and you all are truly family.

Hill