MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Doctor Yourself

Screaming Eagle

I saw a link to this site posted and took a look. Looks to me like there may be some nuggets here worth exploring. There's a list of ailments along the left column (in yellow) with brief articles describing his thinking.

BTW, anybody ever used DLPA for pain control? Any sources (haven't done the search engine thing yet)?

http://doctoryourself.com/

SE, the site does look interesting. There are a number of these do it yourself books available today and I'm always a bit leery with a web site that is trying to sell me something but when a web site gives me for free what would normally be in the book it makes me feel a bit more comfortable that the author might actually be trying to help humankind. Thanks, I'll check it out.

DLPA is DL-phenylalanine, one of the essential amino acids. It has been used for a while now not only for chronic pain control but as an anti-depressant and for those withdrawing from drugs or alcohol. It's found in proteins foods such as meats, dairy, nuts and seeds.

Unfortunately, it is also found in Nutra Sweet, or aspartame, and is thought to be the causitive factor in many people being unable to take that product because of headaches, nausea and even more serious problems. In addition, some people have a genetic disorder and cannot take phenylalanine which is why foods come with the warning for it.

Some forms of the substance can cause problems of insomnia and nervousness and it should not be used by anyone who has high blood pressure problems; malignant melanomas; are pregnant or nursing; or problems with psychosis, especially if they are taking Mao inhibitor antidepressants as that can lead to dangerously high blood pressure.

This product carries a lot of warnings so be sure to check it out carefully for your own use.

Thanks again for the link, SE.

((( )))

Archived