MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Caring for blisters

Becca_Anne

Becca Anne,

Another thing occurred to me. What about possible allergies to fabrics in your home? Especially bedding and clothing.

I saw some "organic" cotton sheets recently in our local Bed Bath and Beyond, and it got me to thinking of this as another possible allergen in your home. Also, what detergents are you using to launder your clothing? Even if mild, I suppose the possibility that you could either have, or develop, a sensitivity in this area is there, with your system as overloaded as it is....

Although I don't think this caused any of this, I do think you're on the right track in getting as many potential allergens out of your environment as possible.

Also, this is the season for a lot of "inhaled" allergies. My car is coated in green pollen right now...that air purifier should help with that.

Gentle hugs...

I use 7th generation laundry detergent- made from vegi oil and dye/scent free. I have old cozy flannel cotton sheets, and a microfiber blanket, dust mite encasing covers over mattress, pillows and box springs. I would think if I had allergies to fabrics I would have symptoms from them and I don't. I saw great relief from the dust mite remediation to get my asthma under control a few yrs ago so I think that I'm ok with fabrics. However I will likely get organic next time /i replace my sheets just in case. My bedding gets washed weekly on the sanitary cycle to destroy all allergens esp. dust mites so my blankets have to be able to handle the wear and tear that causes. I hated giving up my down duvet!Thanks for all the ideas though, you never know and I need to rethink just about everything.

I had several outbreak just like that starting in 1969. The last was in 1990. It was never biopsied but I was treated with prednisone each time it got as bad as yours. Sometimes I'd just have tiny blisters between my fingers and toes. That stuff itched so bad I would wake up with my ankles bloody from rubbing them against a rough bedspread while I was sleeping.

I've never been really positive, but it seems I'd have an outbreak when I ate cashews or pistachios, especially if I was under stress. May just have been grasping at straws to try to figure stuff out. I do have a ton of allergies and environmental sensitivities.

I hope you get some relief soon, dear, I'm praying for you.

Archived