MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Best price for vacuum sealer bags?

Aggie

Hi, I tried posting this before and my post disappeared so I'm trying again. newhere

I recently bought a MagicVac Maxima vacuum sealer. I've been checking prices for bags, looking for the best deal. I've checked the FoodSaver site and eBay, and the prices are better on eBay. Does anyone know if the quality if comparable? Where is the best place to purchase the bags? I like the rolls better than the individual bags.

I've been vacuum sealing everything in sight :), so I guess I should stock up - the supply that came with my machine will be gone soon.

Thanks in advance!

Like everything else, the "bulk packs" tend to be slightly cheaper. We usually get the pack with 2 rolls of wide bags, 2 rolls of narrow bags and a handful of actual bage. Cheapest local place is Walmart. I think last time we got it, the pack was about $35. Pretty expensive for rolls of plastic.

Thanks for the info. I found some on eBay - two 50' rolls, one 8" and one 11" for $29.99 + $8.95 shipping. That's 100 feet for a little less that $40, and the cheapest I've been able to find. They are expensive - maybe I should be a little more selective about what I choose to vacuum seal. LOL

A word of warning about the "Great Value" Walmart food sealer bags. Yesterday I bought some of the larger size (2 rolls). When I went to use them yesterday afternoon, they have changed the structure of the bag. They are thinner and don't want to seal. I had a heck of a time. I will be staying away from these in the future.

Archived