MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

SDBookmom a question!

Bookworm

Just how accurate are the forecasts over here in the Black Hills? I've been here for a few days and so have no clue how sure to be about the snow - even though I believe this are sure could use the moisture. I haven't started the garden yet but have my plans - checked out Carrots Love Tomatoes at the library today dee

If you get a forecast within 24 hours of an event, it is fairly accurate, more than that, they are about as accuracte as well, a weatherman. laugh

If you don't plan to cover, a garden can be frosted anytime before June 15th. Where are you in the Hills? That makes a big difference, too.

Joyfully,

Cheryl

I'm not exactly sure where we are,LOL! It can't even be googled - which is a great thing! We aren't too far out of WY -on the way to Custer. We're probably neighbors. It was raining so nicely this evening and is raining now.

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

Bookworm, you mean you are now in SD too??

Wow, that makes two of you from there or is it three. smile

You are south of us and I would be careful not to plant anything here until the end of May. smile Then, there are years you don't plant until the 2nd week in June.

Years ago, my FIL was cultivating corn and it was snowing, this was in July. It didn't last but, it did snow.

One just never knows what it will do, rain, snow, sleet, or hail.

Our snow is almost gone again, but, someone said we are going to get another storm. frown

HAVEAGOODDAY-2.gif

HUGS4-1.gif

Yes Snowmom - DH moved over here a couple of weeks ago so he could start his job and now we're here. The radio is on and they have Blizzard warnings from 6 p.m this evening until 6 p.m. tomorrow evening - not snow warnings but Blizzard warnings! Oh well, we'll be okay and had no plans to go anywhere!

frozen

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

Bookworm, I knew you had moved, just didn't know it was to SD. smile

I heard on the news last evening that Rapid Cities, SD had 24 inches of snow.

Just to let you both know, I understand how you feel, with the snow we got those weekends and all. smile We still have a bit of the last snow that was piled up by my nephew when he plowed the driveway.

You are one state away from me now, Bookworm. smile But, on the far side of the state. smile

If we ever get to the Black Hills again, I'll let you both know. smile

HUGS4-1.gifHAVEAGOODDAY.gif

Archived