MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Good beef for lunch today...

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

They had a sale on chuck roast this week and I picked up 3 big, leaner ones.

Last night I decided I'd better get them cooked and figured I'd cook them all at once instead of freezing a couple. (I'll freeze the cooked beef, now.)

In my big crock pot, I sprinkled in part of one envelope Lipton "Beefy Onion" soup, put in one piece of beef, sprinkled more soup on, put in the second piece, sprinkled more soup on, the added the last piece, and sprinkled the rest of the soup over that.

I mixed about a cup of beef bouillion, added a teasooon of Worcestershire Sauce, and poured it over the meat, then thought of the little bottles of red wine I keep for making my Brazilian Feijoada and poured one of those on (about 12 oz.).

I cooked it on high overnight for 8 hours, then turned the meat over in the morning, turned it to low, and when we got back from church, it was completely done.

The dog got some of the greasy skimmings and juices for over her dry dogfood (she thought she was in *Heaven*!! ) and the meat is so tender and flavorful that it makes wonderful sandwiches!

Now I have this wonderful shredded beef and broth to use in tacos, sandwiches, soups, whatever.

How do you use leftover beef??

Guest Guest

I generally make a large pot roast and serve 1/3 at dinnertime. I like to shred 1/3 and serve with gravy over fresh mashed potatoes for a second dinner. The remainder 1/3 is cut up and served with thick homemade slices of bread for lunches. (I don't do cold-cuts. )

*scribbling down horseradish sauce on grocery list*