MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday

mommafitz

Mornin' Ya'll! wiggle

It is a gorgeous day! We're sposed to get kinda hot today but that, in turn, will bring some rain on Friday and Saturday. We need the rain.

Have some coffee and cinnamon toast. Makes a delicious breakfast. yumyum

Darlene, I read your post about purchasing this site from Jackie a billion (more or less) years ago. I remember being here when Jackie had it. I did not realize it was that long ago! Of course, I was new to posting so I didn't do it. happy02 Wow. This place has really grown up hasn't it? I think it's splendid!!!!

DS2 and I are going to the library this morning. I haven't been able to visit in months. This afternoon, when DH gets up, we will go purchase our groceries for our yummy dinner tomorrow! We are marinating shrimp, chicken, vidalia onions, mushrooms, bell peppers for shish kebobs. Hoping to get get some ribs too. Then we can enjoy the fireworks display on a full belly tomorrow night! bananawoohoo

Yesterday at the thrift stores we found clothes, books, and a bedspread for DS2's king size bed. We don't usually make such a good haul so we did great! Didn't spend too much money either. That's even better.

Today will be spent doing home stuff in between running around.............

Ya'll have a fantabulous day!!!!!

mommafitz

Good morning mommafitz, ladies!

I was here back when Darlene purchased the site too but like you, I didn't do much posting way back then. I had a different name too, I was Inky.

I'm glad you get to go to the library today. Wow, months since you've been there...I think I'd die!!! I'm at our library at least 2 or 3 times a week if for nothing more than to drink coffee and chat with others. I spent most days there last winter teaching bridge to a group of ladies and then of course I work there some too.

Our rain didn't amount to anything yesterday so I got up early this morning to get my watering done. Gee it's nice out. Sixty degrees, a flawlessly blue sky with a bright sun and a light breeze to help keep the mosquitoes away. Boy, do we have the mosquitoes after all the rain in June.

DS and DDIL are having a party tonight. They're having it on the 3rd instead of the 4th because everyone is so busy then. DS is a trucker and gets to South Dakota and Missouri so he and the other truckers that live around here have been stocking up on fireworks. The beautiful kind set off at town celebrations.

Everyone around is invited, which living rural like we do doesn't mean 1000's. We'll see how many show up. They had the same thing last year and had a nice crowd.

What's happening with you today?

Hello everyone,

We are on our way to Nashville to meet up with DH's two sisters and their families. They are there for the Barbershop Quartet Competition. Ds#1 and his DW are riding with us. We will get to visit from late afternoon till as late as they can stay up. We have a motel reservation for tonight, and plan to leave early in the a.m. to go back to Knoxville. DS and wife plan to take their boat out at noon (with her parents and our DS#2). DH and I are to be at DD#1 home for grilling hot dogs at 2 p.m.

So,have a wonderful day today and a great 4th, everyone!

Archived