MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wish me luck

Guest Guest

I'm taking my driving test tomorrow afternoon. I am freaking out. But I did manage to drive to work today without making dh yell at me(except when I forgot to turn the headlights on). He is easy-going about everything except my driving. I have to practice parallel parking today. I hate paralell parking. Come to think of it, I don't like driving that much either, except if it's on the highway between Edmonton and Jasper. There isn't a straighter or more boring road around.

------------------

335%3B655923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D94%3C%3D%3C3%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323355%3B58296ot1lsi

Hey, Jo! Glad to hear that you are getting your drivers license! I hope your test goes ok...I just got my license earlier this fall, too. It's so nice to be able to go and come as I want or need. I did really bad on my parallel parking, but did ok on everything else, so I passed! Good luck to you and keep practicing!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

When I got my driver's license (32 years ago!), the patrolman who tested me asked if I could parallel park. I said, 'no'. He said, 'oh, that's okay - most woman can't.'-- and gave me my license!

Good luck, Jo! I'm sure you will do just fine.

Nope, I didn't pass. I got 100 deductions, when you're only allowed 70. 50 of them were for parallel parking. I couldn't do it. Not even with three chances. But the instructor said she admired how I kept my nerves in check even when I knew I had failed. Anyway, more practice, then I'll try again. Probably right after Christmas.

------------------

335%3B655923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D94%3C%3D%3C3%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323355%3B58296ot1lsi

Oh Jo, I wish I were there to show you how to parallel park, it's so easy when you know how. My mother showed me clear back when. Let's see if I can write this to make sense. Pull up by the car in front of the parking space where you want to park. Their back bumper should be about even with your back door. Put it in reverse and turn the steering wheel (to the right) so you're craking your rearend into the space. Slowly (AND CAREFULLY) back up until you're at about a 45 degree angle. Slowly turn your wheel the other way (left) and again SLOWLY back up until you're in. Just practice a few times, I know it probably sounds impossible but it's actually so easy.

Good luck!

------------------

dee.jpg

Well Jo......don't feel bad......i've had my learners renewed so many times for so many years.....well.....let's just say.....i'll get that dang thing before my teeth fall out........i hope!

Keep you chin up Jo.....at least you gave it your all!

debbie

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

You will do fine Jo! I got my drivers license at the age of 29 and I am wondering why I didn't get it sooner. Right after I passed my test driving on my way home an ambulance pulled up behind me blasting its horn. I had nowhere to turn because of oncoming traffic in the other lanes and no one there would stop or move for me to get over to let the ambulance go by. My heart dropped out of my body when the ambie driver shut his siren off and got on his outside speaker and said come on lady will you move over so we can get through.

I didn't drive for a week.

------------------

reci.jpg

snoop2.gif

Keep your chin up Jo, you kept you cool, that is 3/4's the battle won already.

Hill

------------------

A problem is just a challenge waiting to be conquered.

Impossibilities are just possibilities waiting to be made possible.

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

hillbillee.jpg

Jo, I can't do that parallel parking either, so don't feel bad. I did get my license when I was in school yet, but got poor on parallel parking.

When I have to, I just try to find a place where there are at least 2 car lengths or the end of the line. wink.gif

I am sure you will do fine next time.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

I have to get it next time, or Kevin will have to drive me to work at 6 am in order for him to get to work in time. I think I will go on December 28th.

Dee, that is exactly how I was taught in driver's training. But I just can't get it unless someone is coaching me through it. I have all next week off, so maybe we'll go downtown so I can get lots of practice.

------------------