MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A humble apology......

Guest Guest

I guess I have avoided this way too long already. So here it is.....

We have fallen on real hard times here and have not been able to pay our bills. My DH's boss (ex) was starving him out because he refused to be her puppet and she kept playing with his hours.

In the mean time I was trying really hard to get more work to make ends meet. I finally landed the job of all jobs! I was so excited! Finally I could pay up our bills. Well it turned out that the job was much more than I had ever anticipated.... The way they had me working I would gross $1,000 a week. I would be able to get us all caught up in two months, and start trying to get this place paid off. Mean while DH was given 4 hours of work over Thanksgiving and only 12 the following week. I told him he may as well quit and pick up all the work I could no longer keep up with. It seemed like the ideal situation for us all the way around.

Well it didn't last long enough to help us at all. Just ended up putting us farther in debt. It seems my bosses don't like women, me in particular. So they have been playing games with me. Now they are refusing to give me a schedule. So I am out of a job I guess. And my husband quit his to do what I was doing, which wasn't much so we are pretty much jobless and penny less and will not be able to pay our bills or give our kid a christmas this year.

We are teaching her that Christmas is about giving and not getting. We will make a few gifts like cookies and such and that is going to have to be her christmas. It is really hard not being able to buy her even the under clothing she badly needs but we are grateful we are together and have each other. There others out there that have less than we do.

The reason I am apologizing is because I have made all the ornaments but don't have the money I need to send them off. I feel so badly about this and feel even worse when a package comes in the mail reminding me that I have mine here but don't have the money to send them off to you all.

As soon as we get back on our feet, if we do.... I will send them off to you all, even if I have to send them out one package at a time.

I hope I have not made you all too upset with me. I should have told you earlier but when I landed this job, I thought I could finally take care of it and get them in the mail to you.

I am truly sorry,

Hill

P. S. Please pray for us and this company I work (worked) for. I have documented every thing and can verify most of what they have done to me, not sure if I can get the labor board to take action or not but I am not going down with out a fight.

------------------

A problem is just a challenge waiting to be conquered.

Impossibilities are just possibilities waiting to be made possible.

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

hillbillee.jpg

Cora, stop worrying please. It's the celebration of our Lord's Birth. Taking care of family comes first and there isn't a person here that doesn't understand that. Other's haven't been able to mail their ornaments our either, it's no big deal, hun.

Times are hard for everyone right now. I have Christmas gifts for my Grandchildren that I can't afford to mail, so guess what.... they get them when they get them. Things are tight here at our house too... our little guy will not be getting much and most of it from the Dollar store, but that's alright too.

Christmas is about loving and giving and sharing, not how much we spend or how many gifts we give or receive.. My thoughts are with you and the family and so are my prayers. Go to bed at night not worrying about when you can send the ornaments... things take care of themselves in the end. love twi

We all understand, Hillbillee - keeping body and soul together for you and yours is more important than mailing the ornaments. Hope things get better in the New Year for you. Take care.

------------------

lowlander.jpg

Thank you Hill, for letting us know about your problems. There are many others who have not sent their ornaments yet either.

Family always comes first, Hill, no matter what. You have to do what you can for your family and in time you can send the ornaments out.

As of right now, I have gotten only 5 ornaments. I am glad I was able to get mine made and sent early.

This is a hard time of year for many people and it is for most of us here. We too are having problems and have packages setting here waiting for money to send to our kids and grandkids in TX.

I have been buying gifts since after Christmas last year and so it makes it easier than waiting until the last minute. Like Twi, I too have shopped at the Dollar store and Wal-Mart. I don't shop at the large malls much, as they are always very expensive.

Will be praying that things work out for you and the job.

(((((Hill and family)))))

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Twilap had the right idea in mind when she said ,"Christmas is about loving and giving and sharing, not how much we spend or how many gifts we give or receive.."

Your presence on the boards Hillie brightens up my day.

------------------

reci.jpg

snoop2.gif

[This message has been edited by reci (edited December 16, 2002).]

{{{{{Hillbillee and Family))))) Cora your presence here is a gift. Don't fret over the ornaments! I am so sorry you and DH are both out of work. I hope you are able to get paid for your work up till now and find something soon that will pay the bills!

------------------

becca.jpg

(((((Hill))))) I'm praying that things look up soon...the Lord knows, and that alone is comforting. He will not let you down, as He takes care of His own. I'll be trusting and praying with you!!!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!