MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wednesday

BiscuitMaker

Rain we are getting rain bananawoohoo

This is real rain not a spit now and then we have been so dry and so hot high 107. Last night we had a real live thunder boomer, even my dogs jumped up a few times during the night. We didn't have our rain gauge out but I bet we got about 4 inches.

My yard will be real happy-----

Its 71 here in the adirondacks, NY. Nice out! Lovin the fact there is finally some real sunshine again~

Am still sitting here with doing odd chores that dont heat me up since the 'skeeter bites and probably poison ivy' are still active, but better than they were on Monday....

I was reading about some of the ladies here shopping and talks with relatives that were not very understanding.. and the ways to get them off track if they might think you were 'hoarding'.

Gosh, with the number of kids most of you ladies have, I think 2 or 3 carts is minimal! I can fill up a whole cart with sheer basics and half another if I bought produce like I would like to be getting!

I am sitting here, thinking, yes, 'stock up for winter'. One trip can be done with help carrying my stuff in with mha a month, the other is to go to the local highway robbery brand store in town and try to walk a whole cart full down the big hill and then carry it up to my place, or take the area bus at 5am to the one city I can get to that way that has another Walmart and shop there and struggle with a big load all by

myself....lol.... but it looks like I need to do that. Even with another hour long busride back home...

A fourth option is to order online and have it delivered!! This I will try to do of course. Can't order a whole lot so it won't be questioned by the delivery guys.... hehehe.

Deeper into winter, I have ice to deal with and I would rather be well stocked so I don't absolutely have to bring home alot of the heavies by then.

Only my son knows I am stocking up as I go, each month a bit more. He is an adult on his own in another state, but he does know we get very cold weather and enough storms here, so it is reasonable that I do this. I am quieter about my own preps but I have encouraged others to stock up now because of rising prices.

But I don't push anyone about it. I also try to be careful about the extras I am trying to get into my place.

My neighbors are not the best, and I figure the less they understand about me the better.

Tin hat time...... tinfoilpuppet ( at the sheeple and jerks in the market).

Good afternoon everyone. So glad you're getting the rain you need Bis.

We're like you Frugal Cook with our weather. Boy, it's just so nice out.

You're right about the stocking up Arby, I encourage others to stock up but do my stocking up pretty quietly.

After sitting on the couch for 1 1/2 weeks and not getting better I finally broke down and went to the dr. today and got a cortizone shot in my knee. I am so in hopes that it works. I have to start preschool Friday and the other teacher and I have 9 three year olds so I sure don't need this painful knee to continue.

Have a great day everyone!!! bighug

Archived