MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Hurricane in Maine Falls Mainely on the....

OldMaineBear

The storm track has moved slightly East. It's expected to hit more into Canada at Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. We're more on the western edge now. Let's hope that cold water in the Bay Of Fundy cools things down a bit.

The air is dead calm and warm and sticky out there. Rain is coming down steady and straight down. But I'm sure those who have been in the path of one of these things knows about that. The so called calm before the storm.

Nice to be off the Bullseye.

All our good thoughts to our Canadian neighbors.

OMB, I am glad you are a prepper. I am sure you and yours will be ok. Hope everyone stays home with you today. I know you are getting plenty of rain and wind may down the powerlines, and I just hope everyone stays put so they do not risk getting stuck on some road in the storm because it downed a tree and power lines right in front of them! How is your spot regarding flooding?

You all are in my prayers too. I know you will be safe and sound during this if the power goes out.

It's heading our way now. I'm in the Halifax county so we won't be in the eye but we'll still get some effects.

I've been watching the 6pm news and just burst out laughing. They were showing people getting ready and most of them just had a couple of 4L bottles of water in their cart and a few canned goods. What a laugh... we've known this was coming for a while. I had to send my husband out for gas and money but that was all.

It's a weird feeling considering it was exactly 5 years ago that Juan hit us.

Arby - If I flood I'm building a big boat and starting to grab pairs of animals. What the heck is a cubit? My wife is a Personnel Manager at WalMart, but she went in because people are going nuts buying and they had only a few cashiers so she's behind a register.

CrabGrassAcres - I wasn't taking it personal, but the first maps had the track right at my house.

Gardeningmouse - Hang on over there!!

Gardeningmouse - My thoughts were with you through the night. We too have had more serious winter storms. At least we aren't shoveling out this morning. WE had a huge deluge early evening , but winds did not reach over 25 mph gusts. No power outages or flickers at all. Guess we can thank that good cold northern waters for taking the punch out of Kyle.

Archived