MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Asian Pea

Pansy

We have a bumper crop of Asian Pears this year and want to make spiced Asian Pear jam - does anyone have a recipe? I was on hold with Ball/Kerr and never did get help - also their website, again no answers, so anyone know how to do this? I want to can them also and know I need to add Lemon juice (had to throw out seven pints two years ago for lack of Lemon juice - something I never did understand since I can our Bartlett Pears without Lemon juice {according to Blue book recipe} Anyhow make Spiced Pears? We did southern Spiced Peaches this year and they are delicious!

Hey, I see no reason to not cut or puree your Asian pears, whatever you are going to do them and then acidify that amount for a recipe. For example, 4 cups would be a quart, so add 2 T. bottled lemon juice to that amount. Then, proceed with a recipe for regular pear jam.

Thanks Violet - this is a big help. Wanted to write and thank you yesterday but this (new darn it!) machine wouldn't let me! Will be working with the Asian Pears this weekend.

Archived