MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Prayers for Friend's eyes

cookiejar

This is a copy of my friend's post to a circle of us. It's pretty scary and I would appreciate if you include Rick and family in your prayers._____________________________________________________________

We got Rick to the hospital at 6:30 AM. They prepped him and took him to the surgical suite at 7:45 Am. The doctor was delayed so they didn't start till after 11:00. They were finished right after 1 PM.

We got home around 3 PM. By the time I got him settled and got his meds from Publix, I had 30 minutes to eat something and get to my new part time job (it was my second day) .Son called in to his job and took the night off to "baby sit" Dad.

Rick has to lay on his stomach or when he is sitting have his face 90 degrees to the floor. He can only be vertical around 15 minutes/hour (bathroom trips). It was worse than anticipated. In addition to the tears on the retina that the optometric screening showed there was another really bad one on the other side of his eye. THere is a genetic link to this condition, his Dad is now blind and uses a seeing eye dog from a similar condition, so needless to say we were both a little scared.

We go back to the doctor this morning, recovery will be at least 2 weeks. Rick only has about 1 1/2 weeks of sick leave so he will be applying for some compensation from the state employees fund.

I really appreciate all of the good wisehes and prayer. Rick and I both felt them yesterday. PLease comtinue to pray for us, especially RIck's back is killing him!!! The position he has to stay in is not comfortable.

Than you all.

MJ

Heavenly Father,

I lift this family up before You, as You are their Heavenly Father too...

You know everything that is going on down to the tinest detail...You know their fears, their concerns, their hopes and their faith. Increase their faith Father...do that, which we humanly cannot do. Bridge the gap between the circumstances and You, intervening because we need You in all areas of our lives...through good times and tough times...

May Your perfect will unfold, and no matter how scary it gets for them, may they always keep their eyes on Jesus, for You are our hope, You are our strength, You are our everything.

Place Your hand of protection over their lives, and as they walk through this storm may You bring them into exceeding blessings and may they always, always, always know that it was always, always, always You.

In Jesus Name,

Archived