MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Back Again

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I am back again after a four year absence. Many things have taken place in my life since I last participated in the discussion forums. I have successfully combated a major illness, finished my education, and am about to move to another state to start a new job. I have a lot of catching up to do here. I am scared, yet excited, to be taking a new direction in my life and am looking forward to getting to know you and sharing ideas.

Guest Guest

Moonpie, how terrific! You are a very strong person to get through all of that. For the newer people in mrssurvival, maybe you could tell them more about yourself. Please tell us all how you've gotten through everything. Welcome home!

Guest Guest

Well, let's see. When I participated four years ago, I was still living with my Significant Other. I moved out into my own house, changed jobs, and started back to school. I had just come out of some physical problems and had started a new job. I worked for a year while completing my master's degree. Then I lost my job due to small town politics and it has taken me three months to find another one, but now I have found a great one and will be moving from Texas to Oklahoma.

I have two grown daughers and six grandchildren. So if any of you out there think it is too late to change your life, it isn't.

I will tell you that trusting the Father during big changes is not always easy to do but He knows the whole picture. I can't say I've always listened, but when I have it turns out better in the long run, although it may not be apparent at the time.

I have also recently been diagnosed with diabetis but have been handling with diet only so far. I have found some great recipes here for diabetic eating and I welcome more. It has been very hard to adjust to not indulging my sweet tooth!

I have also been getting shots in my back for ruptured discs and it has been helping. Does anyone else have back or diabetic problems?

Thanks in advance for all your help and information. I am looking forward to some good ideas about many things.

Guest Guest

Welcome back Moonpie, even though I am a new commer, it sure is nice to see the old timers returning home.

I too was a diabetic, controlled by diet. I am not a diabetic anymore.

Please tell us what you are into, where your hobbies and intrests lie. What kind of a job you have. In the move, will you be moving closer to your family or further away from them?

Hill